Any fans of Logitech's Hyperscroll Tech? (I hate it)

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by maclook, Dec 2, 2009.

1. maclook macrumors 65816

Who the beep likes this stupid tech? It's used with Logitech's top mice which is disappointing because I really like Performance Mouse MX but the hyperscroll makes it a dealbreaker to me. It's got darkfield laser tracking, usb charging, and beautiful design but hyperscroll eliminates the use of middle click (since it just changes the scroll setting). Sorry I really needed to vent about this useless tech and I really hope others agree with me so that one day Logitech can open their eyes and move on from hyperscroll wheels

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I use the hyperscroll on my VX Nano all the time, and find it extremely useful. I really comes in handy when surfing long web pages, large Excel spreadsheets and especially, my iTunes library. If you don't like it you can change the settings so it doesn't function. I still have the middle click, as well.

3. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

The PMX has a middle button and you can change from hyper to normal.

4. bohbot16 macrumors 6502a

bohbot16

I love the hyperscroll feature of my VX Nano. It's great when I need to skim through long log files.

5. n8236 macrumors 65816

I absolutely LOVE it to death!

I previously owned a MX, VX and now the Performance MX and I have to say that they found a feature that is to be kept long term. I never use the click-click scroll anymore, it's of no use. With a free scrolling wheel, I simply just tap the spinning wheel and it stops accurately (assuming you know how to adjust your spinning strength).

6. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

yeah u dont have to have long pages either, just spin it and stop it.

7. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

Use the software and change it to middle click, then use auto-shift for the free scrolling mode. I like it when set up properly but admittedly, at least on my MX Rev, it tended to glitch out and switch to free scroll mode randomly regardless of my settings. I'm enjoying the momentum scrolling of the Magic Mouse in place of that. ;)

8. akadmon macrumors 68010

There you go, there's you're answer: You'e the only one who hates it:p. And oh, you can still click the wheel with HS on. On my PMX I have it programmed to bring up Safari. I tried programming it to re refill my wine glass, but that failed ;)

9. maclook thread starter macrumors 65816

Was not expecting tons of fans of hyperscroll. I guess that's why it's on all of their mice. I still hate it and I hope there is someone out there who is with me :(.

The thing I like about the hyperscroll wheel is just playing around with it and spinning it and feeling the smoothness of the spin :p

The precision of Mac trackpads (and now found on the magic mouse) is what I look for in scrolling. A super fast scroll wheel that can go through 1000 lines of texts in a second is crazy! I'd rather just use CMD+F or drag the scroll bar on the side. Seriously, who are you people who read long ass text pages or excel sheets without having something specific that you are looking for.

For those of you that say that the middle click is still there, I owned a VX Nano and pushing the scroll button would just switch it to Hyperscroll mode or back to normal mode. Am I missing something? It's a hardware issue and not a software issue.

10. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

What does it matter if no one agrees with you? Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. You don't need anyone's approval to make your opinion valid.
    A trackpad or scroll bar doesn't work well in many situations. What do you mean, "without having something specific that you are looking for."? That's exactly why a hyperscroll is helpful: when you're looking for something specific in a large list. Just because you don't have a need for it doesn't mean it's not useful to others.
    Yes, you're missing something. It's a software issue, since you can change the function of any button with software and the VX Nano has two center buttons you can program:
    Picture 2.jpg