Any FCP rumors?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Soura2112, Aug 12, 2010.

1. Soura2112 macrumors 6502

I know this off topic for this forum but it seems almost everyone looking to buy a new MP are using FCP. Curious if anyone has heard anything floating around, from the smallest detail to any grand ones. One wpuld think FCP would come out the same time as a new MP, but thats my way of thinking.I am on this boat too, so I'm sure any info, if there is any, would help us out.
    Thanks

2. J the Ninja macrumors 68000

The current version is.....14 months old? 4 months if we're counting point releases. Apple normally lets the pro apps go some 18-24 months before major releases. So I'd expect FCS4 more towards the end of the year, or next year.

Which would be good, because after the MP I don't have the change for an FCP upgrade.

3. telequest macrumors regular

Earlier this year there were posts on this forum citing news reports of layoffs in Apple's FCP division. But I think those were later determined to be mainly marketing people, not product developers.

And I think there were more recent reports of hiring in the FCP group, combined with concerns that FCP was going to head in the direction of Apple's consumer apps (iMovie-like) – again, I think, probably unfounded.

Most of what I see seems to assume the next release won't be until next year, possibly next summer. The main enhancement folks seem to anticipate is going 64-bit (and better use of the MP's multiple cores, more RAM).

Don't have any sources handy to link to, just off the top of my head.

4. VirtualRain macrumors 603

VirtualRain

In the mean-time there's always the new iMovie for the iPhone 4 :p