Any Firefighters used the AW2 daily?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by FDNYChris, Oct 19, 2016.

1. FDNYChris macrumors member

FDNYChris

Waiting on my series 2, used my old stainless series 0 all the time in the firehouse and on runs. Was wondering if anyone else uses it the same way.

2. Resqu2 macrumors 6502a

Just got my AW S2 and haven't been in a fire yet and think I will take it off if doing interior work. Had a FB Blaze before my AW and wore it in one pretty hot fire and it had all sorts of issues for a little while. Not going to chance it with a $400 item. As for daily use (non interior fire fighting) I can't see why not.

3. LoveToMacRumors macrumors 68020

LoveToMacRumors

4. FDNYChris thread starter macrumors member

FDNYChris

Idk about wearing it in a job, in my opinion I'm not an expert but I would think if the Watch has problems then you gotta be getting roasted, we're very well protected with our gear, but who knows. I wish they had an app built for FF's for like certain workouts, training bulletins, even as far as maybe a hydrant plot system. I'm getting out of control I know but that would be sick!

5. Resqu2 macrumors 6502a

Agree, wish some developer would work on your list of wants. Could really be an asset to us. I think my Blaze had problems due to me getting soaked pretty bad. If I'm getting hot enough to affect my watch I think I have bigger problems than my watch.

6. FDNYChris thread starter macrumors member

FDNYChris

Exactly. As for the devs I doubt they'd ever look into a Firefighting criteria for the Watch. Wish I knew an app developer.

7. Ryanmrash macrumors regular

Ryanmrash

Yes, I do. Its interesting to see HR data after a good fire. Almost doubled my calorie goal on one good job. Its also useful to me just as a watch for pulse checks, etc. Also nice to quickly start a stopwatch on full arrests, to pass on down time, compression time, and so forth to ER staff...

8. FDNYChris thread starter macrumors member

FDNYChris

Yea I got my series 2 like a week or so ago, been using it all the time regardless of the type of call. Timer comes in handy for stuff that's in the oven or on the grill, waking up in the morning etc. The HR lie you said is cool to see what's going on during the day. It's held up in a job for you though? No issues with dirt water from said job?

9. Ryanmrash macrumors regular

Ryanmrash

None so far, S2 as well. Worn it in 3 fires since i got it in Sept...Only issue was forgot to engage the "water lock" on one fire, ended up getting locked out of the watch for 60 min due to randon screen/button presses causing it to get random passcodes entered in several times. No physical problems at all. Trying to get in the habit of tightening the strap and engaging the water lock whenever i gear up...

Eta: I cant count hiw many fires where my phone has been in my pocket. Beyond the occasional butt-dial, Ive never hurt an iPhone on the job. I expect the Watch to hold up fine. Bands could break but so far so good.

10. FDNYChris thread starter macrumors member

FDNYChris