Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jwar1976

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 29, 2019
Norwich
Hi all,

After years of owning Samsung mobile devices including the Galaxy watch, however the health function when using the phone and watch is really bad for step counts as with the app on the phone, you cannot have steps from the watch on it’s own, you can only have phone or watch & phone, and with the phone and watch option, it adds steps from the watch, so you end up with a inaccurate result.

Anyhow in August I am able to upgrade and am seriously considering jumping ship for the first time in over a decade as I have a iPad Pro which I use more than my laptop & a 2015 MBP. So my question for Apple fitness users, how do you find the battery on your phone with GPS & Data active ?, also for Apple Watch users, how do you find the battery and fitness utility ?

BATman.Berlin

macrumors regular
Jun 13, 2015
California
Hi, I jumped ship from note10/Active 2 earlier this month and I do not regret it. I got a AWS5 and have nothing but good to say about the fitness/workout features.
It is certainly a change and sometimes I am missing Samsung Health as a Interfaxe to track status.
However, the amount of detail I get from my AW is insane. Biggest for me is to auto track VO2max to see my training progress.
The biggest change came when dealing with all the information. Apple health is great, but getting it configured to display what I like took me a while. I went to use a app called Health view, which is getting it close to what I’ve been used from Samsung Health.

Battery: the AW5 is decent, but needs charge every night. I end up wearing it from 6a till 11p and end up between 50 - 30%, depending on the intensity of use during the day. The iPhone 11 battery is just out of this world. Easily two days, but I also have a iPad running.

The activity app is also great, however, I constantly switch between the activity app and health for all the data. That is why I got HealthView.

Reactions: jwar1976

jwar1976

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 29, 2019
Norwich
Hi, I jumped ship from note10/Active 2 earlier this month and I do not regret it. I got a AWS5 and have nothing but good to say about the fitness/workout features.
It is certainly a change and sometimes I am missing Samsung Health as a Interfaxe to track status.
However, the amount of detail I get from my AW is insane. Biggest for me is to auto track VO2max to see my training progress.
The biggest change came when dealing with all the information. Apple health is great, but getting it configured to display what I like took me a while. I went to use a app called Health view, which is getting it close to what I’ve been used from Samsung Health.

Battery: the AW5 is decent, but needs charge every night. I end up wearing it from 6a till 11p and end up between 50 - 30%, depending on the intensity of use during the day. The iPhone 11 battery is just out of this world. Easily two days, but I also have a iPad running.

The activity app is also great, however, I constantly switch between the activity app and health for all the data. That is why I got HealthView.

wow thank you for such a detailed reply, it is exactly the kind of information that I was looking for. The current phone I am using is a Note 9 & the watch is the 46mm Galaxy Watch SM-R800 (2018). So both will be 2yrs old in the coming months. I am able to upgrade from August, so will keep an eye out for any possible iPhone 12 releases, along with either the Series 5 Apple Watc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.