Any fix for bricked Touch's?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jmack549, Sep 27, 2007.

1. jmack549 macrumors 6502

Has anyone found a solution for the Touch's (such as mine), who had their Touch bricked while trying to do the update? I have a 4 hour ride Saturday and this really sucks...

2. Laurent macrumors regular

Laurent

When I tried to installed the iPhone hacked firmware and it bricked my iPod touch, I just reinstall the firmware using iTunes restoring option...

3. sdmiller macrumors newbie

Mine bricked when updating on my vista laptop. The only way I could un-brick it was to connect it to my mac mini and restore the update that way.

4. SirithX macrumors 6502

SirithX

If you have an Apple Store nearby, see if you can get a Genius to replace it. Worst comes to worst, Apple will probably still let you send it in to them if you don't have an Apple Store nearby and then they'll send you another one, though you likely won't have it back in time for saturday.

5. animenick65 macrumors 6502

You guys are using the term "brick" a little too loosley. A bricked device is a device that is permanently inoperable. If your able to restore the device and use it again then it wouldn't be a very good brick would it?

6. sdmiller macrumors newbie

Was that really worth your time?

7. sdmiller macrumors newbie

good enough! :p

8. Cloudane macrumors 65816

Cloudane

WhattheOMGWTFBBQ holdonasecond...

Are you saying people have been screaming about bricked iPods and iPhones and they're.... not actually bricked? Disabled temporarily until you reset it doesn't count as "bricked" in my book... a "brick" is a term invented with PSPs etc where you mess up a hack and make it irreversibly dead, so you have to send it back to the manufacturer and pay 75% of the unit's cost to reflash it...