Any fix for the bumper scuffing problem?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by mgmusicman94, Aug 16, 2010.

1. mgmusicman94 macrumors 6502a

Im sure many of you have heard about the bumper scuffing the stainless steel antenna on the iPhone 4. Does anyone know of a way to get rid of the scuffs and make the metal band look like new? Also does anyone know of a way to prevent the scuffing? Maybe a thin layer of tissue paper inside the bumper? Any help would be appreciated.

2. iMaconApple macrumors 6502a

i dont have my bumper yet but hearing from all this scratch thing....i would put a thin electrical tape on inside of the bumper...

3. mgmusicman94 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I think electrical tape would be worse, you would get black transfer from the tape. That's why I was thinking of something colorless like white tissue paper or maybe masking tape..

4. ilovegoodnugz macrumors regular

Made up some BS exscuse about accelerometer to exchange my scuffed iphone for a brand new one from apple, then got a luckylabs decal for the sides, put it on and now it is safe from scuffs from the bumper.

P.S. for those of you who waited 8 weeks for a 16GB iPhone you can thank people like me for making sure the supply stays low, HAHAHAHA sucks to be you!

5. solius macrumors regular

Nice!

6. RichBrewski macrumors member

Fixed*
    Please, no need to thank me. See what I did there?

Oh, and the selling supply has nothing to do with the Refurb you got from the refurb supply. But nice try, Broskii.

7. DanggxAmanda macrumors regular

DanggxAmanda

8. Sleazy E macrumors 65816

Sleazy E

Bumper doesn't scratch my ip4 nor my girlfriend's ip4. Scratches are user error.

9. ilovegoodnugz macrumors regular

OMFG YOU WIN!!!! YAY FOR YOU!!! Oh btw, no refurbs since no phones have been sent back yet....lol way to go for you tho +1 hope you were the ones who waited and bitched when people like me had security cut them to the front of the line on launch day LOL loser...

10. ref26 macrumors 6502a

ref26

Hate to tell you but it's confirmed that there are refurbs out there now. How long ago did you get your replacement? What's the beginning of the serial #?

11. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

I'm just using my bumper over my lucky labs decal. Seems easy enough.

12. keviikev macrumors member

Wait a few weeks and take off your bumper;)

13. SophiaLee macrumors 6502a

SophiaLee

Refurbs are out there.

14. Megalobyte macrumors 6502a

Wow, you just might be the coolest person I know.

15. Brandon Heat macrumors regular

As a business owner, it's people like you that put extraneous pressure on us... Your type of scum is doing nothing but ruining society... It makes businesses hesitate on what they offer for service... Especially on the refunds... And not only that.. You're adding to the negative connotation that people already have on people who appreciate the bud... Get some class... You're probably not gonna learn it from your failure of parents... So don't waste your time there...

16. Pared macrumors 65816

No way kids should be up this late. Even in the summer.

17. mgmusicman94 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I got mine the day before launch day without cutting in line. Pre-order FTW.

18. TroyBoy30 macrumors 68000

TroyBoy30

had mine on since day before launch. removed it several times and no scratches