Any Fixes for Small Chips

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by lina231, Dec 9, 2013.

1. lina231 macrumors regular

Hi Everyone,

So this morning I smacked my MBA with one of the pull out desks in the lecture hall. I was wondering if there was any way to fix this small chip. It is really small, and won't bother me much if there is no fix, but if anyone knows a way to do a fix I would appreciate it!

2. ducatiti macrumors 6502a

I would just place a sticker over it or even better, buy a hard case for it preferably Moshi or Speck.

3. TheEnthusiast macrumors regular

But those can gather dust and potentially cause scratches to the finish.

4. lina231 thread starter macrumors regular

I agree with that. My boyfriend had a hard cover shell on his MBP an fit caused scratches, plus I have already had a hard shell case and HATED it. I love the case I have on it now, and it is not the case that isn't protective. It's the fact that I had my MBA open when it happened. So really its my fault, I just wanted to know if there was a way to maybe cover it up a little (not by a sticker). but it seems like there isn't. Oh well, lesson learned.

5. ducatiti macrumors 6502a

Another option is a full body skin. I used to have it on my Air but have recently sold it. It kept it in pristine condition. There is even a matte version which looks and feels like bare aluminum. I have it on my rmbp as shown below:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Trackpad and palm area:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

No offense, but you're supposed to clean the thing once in a while. So thats user error, not a case problem. You can't just slap it on and go, it requires some effort to maintain. I've had cases on my macbook, iphones, you name it for years, and a case has never caused a scratch, why you ask? i take 5 min a week take it off and wipe it down. doesn't take much time! :)

7. lina231 thread starter macrumors regular

I like that! Where do you get a good one at?

8. UbuntuFu macrumors regular

I would just live with it. Gives your MBA more character and you will remember the time in that lecture hall. Wabi-sabi.

9. lina231 thread starter macrumors regular

Hahaha thanks!

10. ducatiti macrumors 6502a

Best skins ever. Best bang for your buck. You can even subscribe and get a 10% off coupon.