Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

heavensblade23

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 11, 2008
Get $375 out my 3.0 unlocked phone somewhere.

Have AT&T switch the phone numbers so my phone number is on the new line.

ETF the old line ($175-$30 for having been around 6 months)

So I get the phone for $388 total instead of $443 ($399+18+26). My contract is reset for 2 more years, I keep my number, and since I'm cancelling the old line at the same time as setting up a new line, I don't have to pay for a month of service I don't need. I'll pay for the first half of the month on the cancelled line, and the second half of the month on the new line.

Anyone pulled off something similar? I'm looking for confirmation that this will work 100% before I run off selling my 3G.

HarrisonB

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2009
Get $375 out my 3.0 unlocked phone somewhere.

Have AT&T switch the phone numbers so my phone number is on the new line.

ETF the old line ($175-$30 for having been around 6 months)

So I get the phone for $388 total instead of $443 ($399+18+26). My contract is reset for 2 more years, I keep my number, and since I'm cancelling the old line at the same time as setting up a new line, I don't have to pay for a month of service I don't need. I'll pay for the first half of the month on the cancelled line, and the second half of the month on the new line.

Anyone pulled off something similar? I'm looking for confirmation that this will work 100% before I run off selling my 3G.

saving 60 bucks is not worth not getting a subsidy next year. You fail.

The General

macrumors 601
Jul 7, 2006
saving 60 bucks is not worth not getting a subsidy next year. You fail.

You will NOT be eligible for an upgrade a year from now if you use the early upgrade pricing.

Only if you buy the phone for $599/$699 will you be eligible for upgrade next year.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.