iPad Any freaks like me?

patseguin

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 28, 2003
Just wondering if I am OCD crazy. I keep a microfiber cloth around near my Air and wipe it down several times at day. I hate seeing it sit there with finger prints all over it. I wish they would make a glass that didn't hold any fingerprints at all.

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
Wait till you have kids - that will solve that problem :p

I have ghost armor and a case, which basically prohibits all fingerprints

bidwalj

macrumors 65816
Feb 16, 2007
Nope. I rarely wipe mine down. Doesn't bother me, can't see them while using it.

patseguin

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 28, 2003
Wait till you have kids - that will solve that problem :p

I have ghost armor and a case, which basically prohibits all fingerprints
Lol, if I had kids I would keep it hidden. Does the ghost armorvaffectvthe quality of the display?

costabunny

macrumors demi-goddess
May 15, 2008
Weymouth, UK
Just wondering if I am OCD crazy. I keep a microfiber cloth around near my Air and wipe it down several times at day. I hate seeing it sit there with finger prints all over it. I wish they would make a glass that didn't hold any fingerprints at all.
My other half is like that - which is good 'caus I am the opposite lol

Mine gets the odd wipe on my tee-shirt.....

Jeff keeps my phone, ipad and screens all nice and clean. He enjoys a job that I hate so its a good team :)

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
Lol, I just picked up screen cleaners the other day shaped in a little ball that Brookstone was selling two for $9.99. Pretty good and compact enough to carry around in one's pocket easily.

What device nowadays isn't a fingerprint magnet so they will definitely come in handy. I keep losing microfiber clothes for one reason or another.

BTW, no screen protector on any device I own.

borostef

macrumors 6502
Feb 10, 2012
Zagreb, Croatia
I am the same way… I wipe it at least two times a day… :eek:

rajpatel

macrumors regular
Feb 23, 2013
You are the polar opposite of me. I can't be bothered to even clean my ipad when taking to pawn shop as I done at least four separate times in nine months. It's only when I get there I realize it is covered in fingerprint smudges.

imejh

macrumors member
Mar 4, 2013
I wipe down all my devices at night with a cloth when I'm done using them for the day, and also hit them with a few shots of compressed air to get all the dust/dirt off. I like to start every day with a clean device.

jbud72

macrumors member
Mar 21, 2010
Jacksonville, FL
Used to be like that until I realized that the obsessive wiping eventually caused the slightest swirl marks/scratches on the screen. I just wipe it once every few days now, unless it's some ungodly smudge.

bevsb2

macrumors 68000
Nov 23, 2012
I wipe mine with a microfiber cloth also when done using it. I can see the prints on a white screen when using it. I admit to being picky about my devices.

JonMPLS

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
MN
I admit, I am a clean screen fanatic too. Each briefcase and iPad case (e.g., manpurse) has a cleaning kit! Mostly I am picky about keeping my hands clean to keep the screens clean.

double329

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2008
I wiped the screen pretty often. I can't stand dirty screen! But not as bad as having cleaning cloth with me at all time.

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
I don't like finger prints at all. I keep my phone and iPad very clean. But i don't use a cloth i use the inside of my shirt.:apple:

rgarjr

macrumors 603
Apr 2, 2009
Southern California
No, I sit with the lights off most of the time, so I don't notice fingerprints. Although I know they're there, along with huge marks made by my smart cover.
Yeah if you have smart cover or smart case on it makes the smudges even more than your fingers. :D But yeah I like having a clean screen.

iChe

macrumors newbie
Nov 26, 2013
France
Yes, me too. Several time an hour. And I use wipes also. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.