Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NotFound

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 30, 2006
I need to create a front jewel case insert for slim CD cases.

Know of any free software that will do the trick?

Frisco

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2002
Utopia
I don't know of any free ones, but this has a demo you can try.

You might already know, but just in case you don't, you can print one from iTunes, although the options are limited.

Printing a Jewel-Case Insert

Step 1 Select a playlist in the Source area, and then choose Print from the File menu.

Step 2 Click on the CD Jewel Case Insert option (see “Instant Art”). You’ll also see options here for printing several types of song and album lists.

Next, choose an album design from the Theme pull-down menu. If your playlist contains songs from multiple albums, you can use the Mosaic themes to produce a collage of album art. Want to use just one album’s art for the cover? Select the playlist song containing that art before choosing Print.

Step 3 Click on Page Setup and adjust the settings for your printer as needed. Click on OK to return to the Print dialog box, and then click on Print.

Step 4 Once it’s printed, trim the case insert using the crop marks at the edge of the image as a guide.

--from "Macworld"

artalliance

macrumors 6502
Feb 28, 2005
In the cool neighborhood of LA
The built-in itunes jewel case print function sadly doesn't contains an option to change text size (which means long names will be cut off). Does anybody know a workaround for that, short of shortening the song name in the library?

NotFound

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 30, 2006
I don't want to make album covers, I want to use make a custom case insert.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.