Any free app for this?? Edit & Save ms docs iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hakuna-matata, Feb 12, 2012.

1. hakuna-matata macrumors 6502

EDIT and SAVE ms office docs files on iPhone?
    Quickoffice provides a lite version which allows to edit files but you need to buy paid version just to save even minimal changes..Any way/other app around this guyz? Thnx a lot:)

2. xraydoc macrumors 604

xraydoc

Spend a dollar or two for that shiny new $700 phone. It won't hurt, I promise.

3. hakuna-matata, Feb 12, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2012

hakuna-matata thread starter macrumors 6502

yes you are right but actually i have already purchased so many other apps and i just needed to do very basic editing and don't quite need the full package functions that come with 10$ office suite apps..anyways, i guess there is no alternative to it and purchasing full premium app is the only option..:apple:

4. pilot1226 macrumors 6502a

pilot1226

It's kind of a workaround, but if you keep your desktop computer on (not in sleep mode), you can use a free app like LogMeIn and then you can essentially remote access in via 3G.

I've done this a few times when I was in a pinch and had to get a file done.

Remote access in, edit/type file I need, save file, e-mail file to self. Mission accomplished.

5. magicbrain macrumors regular

lol

yes, red an article somewhere that pipl don't have a problem spending $700 on a phone, but $2 for an app :)

anywho, google docs will allow you to do this. you'll have to upload the doc to there via a computer first

of course there's jailbreaking & "stealing" that app ...

6. AlphaVictor87 macrumors 6502a

AlphaVictor87

This is what i do. Its really helpful that way for certain things i have like my monthly budget tracker i have in excel i can update while i'm at work and don't have to have multiple copies of a document.

7. hakuna-matata thread starter macrumors 6502

lol..u didn't even read what i wrote and seeing the title, jumped to post your not-so-hilarious views..first,i don't mind paying 5-15$ for an app and second, i am sure if you are offered to purchase your iphone at 2 shops offering at 700$ and 690$ respectively, you would ofcourse go to the latter one. It's just logical thing to do, i guess.

8. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

I can't think of any free ones for the iPhone. I have Quickoffice installed on my iPhone and I believe it was either $10 or $15.