Any free iPad Pro benchmarks out there? (Hear me out)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Jonathan17, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Jonathan17 macrumors newbie

Jonathan17

So I just placed an order of this iPad Pro (Gold, 128 GB, 12.9") for $640. Insanely cheaper than usual.

http://deals.ebay.com/5003599791_Apple_iPad_Pro_12_9__Retina_Display_128GB_Space_Gray__Silver__or_Gold?_trksid=p2050601.m1256&_trkparms=algo=DailyDeals&clkid=8082437830182434999

PLEASE NOTE: The iPad is listed as "New other "see details"

Last week I posted another thread on this forums asking the community what they thought. And most of them gave positive feedback saying it's safe to buy as the seller has sold hundreds.

But my dad has warned me it could have fake/old parts inside, downgrading the iPad Pro's speed. So my question is, is there any tests and/or benchmarks I can run to see if this "iPad" is legit?

2. LolTakeri macrumors newbie

3. Feenician macrumors 68040

Feenician

I've never heard of such a scam and the level of sophistication required to put fake/old parts in an ipad pro case would surely require an R&D/Engineering budget that would outweigh their margins.

With that said, no harm in checking and Geekbench 4 is a fine place to do it.

4. BeatCrazy macrumors 65816

Yeah, that's pretty much impossible. I'd be more worried about a "used" model, or one that has been previously activated therefore much less than 1 year on the warranty remaining.

5. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

It would cost more than it is worth to put old parts in these things. Apple spent millions to shrink these circuit boards down and parts are not interchangeable with older parts.

Just check the serial number with Apple after you get it and you should be fine. Make sure you use PayPal and follow all the rules on eBay and they will protect you if the serial number comes back bad.

Relax and enjoy.