Any free VOIP for Ipod touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by super michael, Dec 6, 2011.

1. super michael macrumors regular

Just curious are there any free VOIP for the Ipod touch to use to make free call? The thing is using mobile phone in my country cost a lot per minute, it cost like £0.30 per minute. If I stay 10 minutes talking that be £3.00.

The voip has to be valid for Europe, since Gibraltar is in Europe. If its for UK or USA only then it won't work for me.

2. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

3. Anonymous Freak macrumors 601

Anonymous Freak

I'm assuming from the original poster's terms, that he/she wants one that ties in to the local phone system, so he/she can call people on conventional land-lines or mobiles.

Skype can do that, at a cost. I can't easily find the pricing for Gibraltar local, though.

There are a few SIP providers out there that, through many different layers of complication, can provide you with "free" VOIP, but it usually involves tying together two or three different company's products, and most are limited in the number of free minutes, and/or ad-laden, and/or require you jump through hoops to get free service.

A quick Google search reveals a couple that claim to have Gibraltar numbers, but when you actually click through, you can't pick Gibraltar as a country.

4. Spencie macrumors regular

Spencie

5. lostless macrumors 6502

Yep, Talkatone with google voice works great as a VOIP phone.