Any freebie from Apple?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Appl3FTW, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Appl3FTW macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

Anyone got compensated for complaining at Apple? What did you say and what did you get?

2. edlex macrumors 68000

edlex

Not a thing. I was contacted and they left a voicemail at home and an email asking me to either call them or send an email for the best time they can call me. Sent email and never got a response. Pretty disappointed they never followed up.

3. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

4. flyinmac macrumors 68040

flyinmac

Apple isn't in the business of giving things away. But, they do periodically provide free upgrades if the device being serviced has been repeatedly serviced, and an exact replacement isn't available.

I have also had them help on occasion when I've lost a product key, and they've helped me obtain a new key (after verifying my prior purchase).

Rarely will you find them just giving you something for free, without it being because they are liable for something.

I've had other companies offer me discounts on new products / models because I had a problem doing a particular task with my current model. And, I don't know if Apple would do that or not... It would depend on the customer service person you speak with.

When it comes to warranty repairs, I've found Apple to be extremely difficult compared to other companies I deal with. I often find it better to buy Apple products from local private companies, because there is a no questions asked return policy at most of the local stores. I can return something just because I don't like the color (and often up to 90 days). With Apple, I've had numerous DOA problems that I had to fight for weeks to get authorization for repair. So, I buy local most of the time now, and if I have a problem in the first 90-days, I just take it back and get something else. I've even had some local stores agree to provide me with free new replacements even a year or two after buying something.

Dealing with Apple is very easy when it comes to software or general questions though. They've always been great when I've called with problems that can be fixed over the phone.

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

Some people have gotten a case or earphones or something like that. It's not that common, and pretty much on par with how it is with various large businesses when it comes to something like that.

6. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

This OP loves to complain, and brag about his complaining.

7. tconed macrumors member

tconed

I was offered a free case by a store manager. I didn't complain, but we were having a lot of issues with T-Mobile and trying to get my on the IUP. I wasn't even really looking for "freebies"... He just offered it for my trouble. I chose the Tan 7 Plus leather case

8. tehreflex macrumors 6502

I went into the store to buy a new sync cable and a woman just walked into the back and handed me one. I said "That's it?" and she said "That's it." and smiled. I said thank you and that's awesome and to have a great day.

Another time I went for a sync cable I had to buy it. Maybe the employees are given a small amount of cables to pick and choose. Word of mouth type of customer service is just as good as online reviews.

9. Fozziebear71 macrumors 6502

Fozziebear71

For what?