Any GameCube fans out there?

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by thadoggfather, Apr 6, 2019.

1. thadoggfather, Apr 6, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2019

thadoggfather macrumors G4

thadoggfather

Never had one for that gen, always had a PS2 and Xbox

Loving the games! Some of them are strange, many are unique, and the library is bigger than I thought

Plus I love the wavebird controller with my Wii. The wireless controller was way ahead of its time, back when ps2 and xbox were still corded only officially.

Running back Street vol 2 and playing The Thousand Year Door for the first time ever is fantastic.

I have a lot of other games, and cant wait to dive into Eternal darkness and many others. I don't have all the time in the world right now, but I have a collection built up for when I do!

I only see prices continuing to go up as retro collecting becomes all the rage

2. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

I’ve owned almost every console on the market. The Game cube was one of the most unique, not also was it extremely small for its size during its time, but It had some really interesting games exclusive to that console. One of my favorite games was ‘NBA courtside with Kobe Bryant’.

3. thadoggfather thread starter macrumors G4

thadoggfather

Luigi’s mansion is meant to be experienced on a big screen with a controller imo too

I have the re release on 3ds and it’s cool having it portable but man oh man. I was missing out

4. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

The small cube and mini-DVD's were awesome.

Great games like the Rogue Squadron franchise on it...

Best way to play is on an original Wii with the component cables and Wavebirds.

The GC component cables are outrageously priced, I have one but there seems to be a slight problem with it.

I use a Wii anyways...

5. thadoggfather thread starter macrumors G4

thadoggfather

I played a little rogue squadron last night. It is super sweet indeed

6. IscariotJ macrumors 6502a

The 'Cube has to be my all time favourite. Luigi's Mansion, Viewtiful Joe, and Metroid Prime, utterly stunning. And not to mention the ability to play GBA games. Just waiting for a GCHD MK-II to be delivered....

7. scottcampbell macrumors regular

thedoggfather, it's been really fun to follow your collecting, so please do keep posting :)

A "hidden" gem on GameCube is Super Monkey Ball 2 - that series peaked early and is some of the most fun multiplayer you can find.

8. thadoggfather thread starter macrumors G4

thadoggfather

Ive been on a videogame (retro) collecting binge recently. Slowed down on Wii and Wii U purchases, and increased my GC ones :D

SMB2 is awesome! so much so I got SMB1 on the way as well

I'm a hugeeeeee SEGA fan

9. MisterSavage macrumors 6502a

MisterSavage

Eternal Darkness messed with my head like few games have. Such a weird/wonderful game.

10. MasterControlOp Suspended

Great game. I wish they still made Star Wars games like that for the new consoles. I don’t like the game play on the new ones.

11. skottichan macrumors 6502a

skottichan

One of my all time favorite games was for the GC, Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Reqiuem

12. Suture macrumors 6502a

Suture

Another vote here for Surer Monkey Ball. I actually bought it again and started playing it. So much fun with friends and family. I have no idea how I unlocked everything many years ago. This game is hard!

13. thadoggfather thread starter macrumors G4

thadoggfather

I recently got SMB1 to complement SMB2. Been having a blast with 2

And I’ll get to eternal darkness soon :) been waiting to be in the perfect mood to get my mind blown. Huge RE fan (and recently bought 2,3 code Veronica all of which I played forever ago and recently got the 2 remake, nd zero which I’ve never played) so I expect good things. It looked really interesting even back in the day when it was new and I didn’t have a GC

I just picked up a DOL-001 GC for $20 the other day (got a deal on it cause I picked up a 64 and mario64 too from same person)

AND the carby hdmi converters just came back one stock so even tho those are $75 I’m gonna give it a whirl.
    If I don’t like it I’m sure I can’t make my money back on eBay and keep the GC as a mantle piece but I’ve always been intrigued by this set up, and tho it’s not upscaled
    Dolphin, to me there’s something to playing games on original hardware. I expect better results than wii w component or Wii U with Nintendont too

This has been a fun “hobby”

I think GameCube crap is only
    Gonna get more expensive and harder to find over time. Ps2 Games are pretty cheap still. And 360, etc

14. Stark3000 Suspended

Stark3000

I remember loving my game cube. Cute, little system. Great games.

15. thadoggfather thread starter macrumors G4

thadoggfather

it really is

such a massive leap from n64 to it, even though i loved my n64 at the time and never had a gamecube in its prime

16. tranceking26 macrumors regular

tranceking26

Somebody I knew years and years ago had one, Crazy Taxi was pretty fun.