Any Games ?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by increx, Feb 21, 2012.

1. increx macrumors newbie

Any games for my ppc 500 mHZ 512 mb RAM ati radeon 8mb ? and can i download some driver for my graphic card, i couldnt find, my 3d acceleration is not perect.

Some game like sims 1, or somethinf nice... pls :D

<3 this peoples <3 forum !

2. Nova77 Guest

Simcity 2000 and 3000
    Starcraft
    Diablo 1 & 2
    Quake

...and many many many others...

I suggest you install Mac OS 9 on your computer (best for you would be to have Mac OS 10.4.11 and Mac OS 9)
    and then take a look at http://www.macintoshgarden.org/

Lots of free old games here ;) good stuff!

----------

You don't need to download any driver, unless you are using Mac OS 9 and miss some system extensions. Please tell us what system version you are using.

Also, is that a G3 or G4 you have? Check out "about this mac" in the apple menu.

3. increx thread starter macrumors newbie

i use powerbook g4 version 10.4.11

4. Jethryn Freyman macrumors 68020

Jethryn Freyman

The original Unreal Tournament will work OK. Also, Quake 1 and 2. And Descent 2. And Warcraft 2. And Doom 1 and 2. And Starcraft.

5. JakeNZ macrumors member

Zoo Tycoon runs OK on my g3 imac and that only has 256mb ram.

6. Nova77 Guest

Any mac games from 1993 to 2001 should work on your computer. That means you have perfect machine for abandonware games (=games that are now free because they are old). You would have a much greater choice by using the old Mac OS 9 though. Only a few old games will work on OS X : Starcraft, Diablo 2, Quake 3 ...

macintosh garden is the way to go!

7. wolfman1276 macrumors newbie

8. tayloralmond macrumors 6502

9. Ariii macrumors 6502a

Ariii

I remember about 9 years ago, there was this game for PowerPC Macs called Orbz.... I don't game anymore, but I remember it being okay.

http://orbz.en.softonic.com/mac

You could always get an emulator and play old Genesis/NES games on your Mac. :)

10. tayloralmond macrumors 6502

Speaking of emulators, you could always boot into OS 9 and run Virtual Game Station to play old Playstation games. Used copies can be purchased for less than $10 and it runs Playstation games on my iMac G3 at full speed (in most cases). Also, you can also get a USB to Playstation adapter and play games with a real Playstation controller.

Here's a link to buy it on Amazon--->Link

11. alexreich macrumors 6502a

alexreich

I would recommend maxing out your RAM (not sure how much your model can hold, but more RAM will help out the machines performance quite a bit!), then heading over to macintoshgarden.org and seeing what abandonware games you can run. Your 8MB graphics card is really going to limit your OS X gaming abilities... OS 9 games may be more friendly though.

12. tayloralmond macrumors 6502

I'm guessing that the OP has an iBook G3 (Dual USB). This is based on the statement of 500MHz and 8MB ATI Radeon graphics. This would mean the max is either 576MB or 640MB.

Attached Files:

13. alexreich, Jun 7, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2012

alexreich macrumors 6502a

alexreich

14. tayloralmond macrumors 6502

I must have overlooked that...I just double checked and it looks like the OP actually has a PowerBook G4. Max RAM is 1GB.

Attached Files: