Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Singin Hobo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 16, 2008
Texas
I'd like to get a bluetooth car stereo that will actually play music and audio through the stereo bluetooth capabilities of the iPhone through the iPod or Audible applications.

Does one exist that's affordable (no more than $250)?

Singin Hobo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 16, 2008
Texas
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A400 Safari/6531.22.7)

Bumping (just this once... different time of day and all)

Shockwave78

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2010
I got the X910BT and it works FLAWLESS with the iphone..Supports everything but pandora(the newer x920BT does and apps like it)

The ipod player built it works great, shows album art and everythign, does playlist, videos, podcast, same exact thing as the iphone ipod player.

Bluetooth calls are the best i have ever heard with it, no lag at all and plays through all speakers in vehicle. Never heard a complaint of how i sounded, actually when i asked people they had no clue i was talking through the stereo instead of the phone.

Not sure what they go for now, but you could probably get one for around $300-$400 now since the X920BT came out this year. Amazon is high priced on here.

http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-AVIC-X910BT-5-8-Inch-Navigation-Bluetooth/dp/B002EGVR6O

Hennesie2000

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2007
Maryland
I have the Jensen VM9512HD. It's a multimedia receiver with all kinds of attachments for a really good price. I don't know if it still available but I love it. It's a 7" flip up monitor with touch screen. Bluetooth, iPod, aux video/audio x2, HD radio, SD card slot, DVD player, USB HDD support with divx playback, nav ready, sat ready, backup cam ready, rear monitor support.

This thing has everything and sounds great. I think I paid just over $400 for it but that was 2yrs ago. So you might be able to find one still new on eBay or something for pretty cheap.

jpetticrew

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2009
Texas
LOL keep in mind the OP said under $250. That Sony I posted is $160, though, there are several upgrades from that unit that go up to $250.

gordita

macrumors member
May 11, 2010
I'm in the same boat as OP.
we both got new Iphones and want to upgrade the head unit in both cars.
I'm very inclined to go with the sony BT3800u.
crutchfield has it for $150 ($50 off) and comes with all accessories and free shipping....pretty much a no brainer deal.

It even has a front usb which will charge n play the iP4.
at present, my top two are this sony and a kenwood 345MPu which does the same thing minus the BT.

UnseenLlama

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2007
Indianapolis, IN
I'm in the same boat as OP.
we both got new Iphones and want to upgrade the head unit in both cars.
I'm very inclined to go with the sony BT3800u.
crutchfield has it for $150 ($50 off) and comes with all accessories and free shipping....pretty much a no brainer deal.

It even has a front usb which will charge n play the iP4.
at present, my top two are this sony and a kenwood 345MPu which does the same thing minus the BT.

Amazon has the 3800 for $129 with free shipping. :)

I have the previous 3700 model and love it. All I need to do is plug in my iPhone to charge. The phone automatically connects to the stereo when I turn it on. You can stream Pandora, your iPod, even TomTom or Navigon works on it. Best aftermarket stereo for the money, especially if you want bluetooth integration.

beedish

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2010
I got the X910BT and it works FLAWLESS with the iphone..Supports everything but pandora(the newer x920BT does and apps like it)

The ipod player built it works great, shows album art and everythign, does playlist, videos, podcast, same exact thing as the iphone ipod player.

Bluetooth calls are the best i have ever heard with it, no lag at all and plays through all speakers in vehicle. Never heard a complaint of how i sounded, actually when i asked people they had no clue i was talking through the stereo instead of the phone.

Not sure what they go for now, but you could probably get one for around $300-$400 now since the X920BT came out this year. Amazon is high priced on here.

http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-AVIC-X910BT-5-8-Inch-Navigation-Bluetooth/dp/B002EGVR6O

I have the x920BT and it's awesome. Great iPod interface, Pandora Link is cool, and bluetooth audio was idiot-proof. Granted, it is considerably more expensive than $250, but if anyone else wants an all-in-one unit, the x910BT or x920BT are great options from Pioneer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.