any good anti-glare/matte front screen protectors?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by undercompensate, Jul 26, 2010.

1. undercompensate macrumors member

Hey guys,

I just wasted $40 trying to apply case mate's anti-glare film screens to my iphone 4. None of them worked -- Some of the edges will never completely set down.

I've applied power support's anti-glare film to my ipod touch 2g before, and the application was relatively easy, and it was completely bubble free.

I don't want to become OCD about fingerprints, and I use my gear in the sun: so I'm avoiding crystal finishes or the like.

Any recs? Or should I just wait on PS again...

2. chanerz macrumors 6502a

3. missygal Guest

missygal

I got the anti glare from AT&T and I love it! They even put it on for me!!:D

4. AndrewTieu macrumors member

AndrewTieu

Hey, Try SGP Anti Fingerprint Screen Protector. There actually great. Comes with two screen protector and it's only 11.99.

5. tigert07 macrumors regular

Those look amazing..check out this video. Awesome, may cancel my power support for this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWFCXxAFr8I

6. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

I recommend against getting any screen protector like that. I bought the oleophobic model from SGP. It has excellent clarity and the cut is terrific; overall it's a very high-quality product. However, it really is a fingerprint magnet and even a little bit of oil on the screen can make text appear to shimmer. I bought the anti-glare iPhone 4 screen protector from Power Support which I'm hoping performs much better in this regard.

7. undercompensate thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the replies guys.

I've also tried the Oleophobic protector, which you've mentioned.
    I agree, it is a very good product -- It went on without any bubbles, and my girlfriend could not tell that I had anything on (Thinking I had applied an IS, she even held the phone at an angle, looking for Zagg's trademark orange skin peeling.)

But it really is a fingerprint magnet. I couldn't grip the phone without leaving fingerprints all over the screen. :(
    Which is why I'm looking for a matte-type finish.

8. mytakeontech macrumors 6502a

9. missygal Guest

missygal

The one from AT&T in Anti Glare is not a fingerprint magnet. (and Im pretty OCD about my phone)

10. undercompensate thread starter macrumors member

I think the ATT one is made by case mate. I tried 4 times and couldn't get a good application (Air bubbles would form around the cut out for the front-facing camera and the far edges, and they won't go away) . Where/how did the salesperson apply it?

11. missygal Guest

missygal

Yes it says Case Mate on the back. He just cleaned my screen then lined it up then applied. Nothing special really! Not saying I could of done it tho!