Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

XheartcoreboyX

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 3, 2007
so i want to split some of my mp3 music files to make ringtones for my phone..in windows i used this software..now i need something similar..as simple..is there any for the MAC??

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Well you could use Garageband which is part of the iLife suite. However I end up using the start and finish time adjusting features of iTunes for my ring tones. Get Info on a selected song from the File menu and under the Options tab, you can change where the song starts and finishes. :)

jacg

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2003
UK
I use 'mp3 trimmer'. Search for it on macupdate.com. It works well for me.

siurpeeman

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2006
the OC
Well you could use Garageband which is part of the iLife suite. However I end up using the start and finish time adjusting features of iTunes for my ring tones. Get Info on a selected song from the File menu and under the Options tab, you can change where the song starts and finishes. :)

i have to second this suggestion. you can do exactly what you're looking to do in itunes. nothing else to download, and it really couldn't be simpler. further, after selecting start/stop times, you can re-encode for a new track just for your mp3/aac.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.