Any good batches of iPhone 6s?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by devouredsouls, Oct 18, 2014.

1. devouredsouls macrumors newbie

Hi, I bought a Verizon iPhone 6 128gb Space Gray last Sunday. Since then Ive have 3 different iPhone 6's, all due to some form of defects.
    #1-Dark corner, dead pixel, and bright spot on display
    #2-bright spot, light bleed, and faulty antenna (lost signal for hours)
    #3- loose screen, dark corner uneven tinting (top right pink, bottom right blue, bottom left yellow, top left green) and also had a scratched mute switch new out of box.

I'm waiting to exchange this one for #4. The one I currently have starts with F17. I was wondering if there were any good batches released yet? I'm getting a brand new one from Verizon no later than Monday, but this is a bit ridiculous. The device is costing me 850$+tax. The phone was bought directly from Verizon.

2. Mr Hands macrumors regular

Pre-ordered mine through Sprint and got it I think on release day or the day after.

Nevertheless, there's no problems with it at all. iPhone 6, 64GB, gold.

3. x986 macrumors regular

I've been waiting, hoping that most of the bugs would be exterminated by batch 3 or 4. Any idea what batch they are up to by now?
    Thanx,

4. Learylvr. macrumors regular

Learylvr.

Is Verizon sending this phones via mail? Or are you going into local store? If your going into a store, maybe try another Verizon location .. Heck, couldn't hurt. Wow, that's a lot of bad luck, I could live with a scratch on my mute button, but all the combined issues.. That's bad luck.. Ouch

5. devouredsouls thread starter macrumors newbie

I actually keep taking all the last ones in stock. The first one was from the local mall, the other one from a store about 20mins away. The third one was shipped from another store across the state, and this one I assume will be too. This is just horrible. I also noticed on this one my mute switch is really crooked and light leaks out of it really bad. Also there's a lighter line down the center of the screen.
    I'm actually waiting for a box to have my iPad looked at and replaced due to severe image retention and pink to green color shift. That will be my... 5th iPad replacement? 4th gen. Apple has been slacking bad.

----------

The phone I have now is week 40. Serial F17. Obviously it hasn't been corrected yet. Seems some factories got good batches of LCDs yet, so I'm hoping to find out what serial number people with perfect, uniform displays are. Anyone have a perfect screen? Like no yellow band at top or tinting issues?

Attached Files:

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

A scratched mute switch?
    Really? Who in their right mind even examines or looks over closely something tiny like that and then goes and returns it?
    Just by that and many other minor imperfections you're pointing out I can tell that you will never in life find a "good" iphone 6 cause you got other issues that you're dealing with further more than bad iphone batches...

7. Septembersrain Contributor

Septembersrain

I'm sorry to hear about your bad luck. Hopefully the next one will be the one you can happily keep!

8. devouredsouls thread starter macrumors newbie

The dent/scratch didn't bother me. It was just something I noticed on the way home. The switch itself is crooked and leaking light because of it as per the image. Minor imperfections? My screens loose and pops, and my screen is extremely uneven in tint from right to left. I'm a graphic artist and photographer, and I expect my screens to follow standards. If one side is pink and the other is green, there's a problem with the screen. Slight variation is tolerable, but this is just bad. Same with the iPad. How can dead pixels and bright spots be minor imperfections as well? My second phone had a broken antenna on top of the bright spot. This one has vertical banding too boot. These are genuine defects that shouldn't be on an 850$ phone.

9. Learylvr. macrumors regular

Learylvr.

Any good batches of iPhone 6s?

Holy cow!! I'm really sorry for your frustration .,,if I were Apple Id throw in a gift card.. I'm really, email Tim Cook really... It couldn't hurt. That is madness . Let us know how your new phone turns out. My fingers are crossed for you, in fairness they shouldn't have to be. These phones aren't cheap.. 4th is the charm... I always worry when I'm getting a new phone, will it be a dude.. This is my fifth Iphone...4 to 6+, I've never had a problem with any of them . Good luck, your due A lot of luck.

10. devouredsouls thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you very much! I'm hopeful! I honestly just tend to run into every single defect known about any device. I don't think I've ever gotten a perfect LCD first time around. Save maybe my 3DS XL. Which is really sad. and these other "minor" imperfections add up to a really sour taste. So thank you! And if you have any info about serial numbers for perfect devices give me a heads up!

11. Diogene macrumors newbie

I get a new unit because I had a dead pixel, my new one is flawless and at my office, 5 of my colleagues have bought the new iPhone (2 Plus) and no one is complaining so far ;)

I hope you'll get a good one for your next one.

12. jayf macrumors member

My 6 is perfect and the serial number starts with F17. I wouldn't be surprised if all iPhone 6 start with those digits.

13. Mr Hands macrumors regular

Mine starts with DNP. What are you talking about?

14. devouredsouls thread starter macrumors newbie

I got #4 today from the Verizon store. Also DNP. Noticeable shadow in the top right corner and a faint bright spot in the same corner. Ugh. They won't replace it again either. So I'm buying apple care, and then waiting a bit and swapping it in the Apple store an hour away. Hopefully I'll have a car by then. I hope Apple doesn't say this is a

15. Mr Hands macrumors regular

Question- are you doing some type of 'white screen full brightness' test or is it really that bad that you're noticing it under normal conditions?

16. devouredsouls thread starter macrumors newbie

Nope. Noticed upon start up. And the bright spot i noticed cause its diagonal from the bluetooth icon at the top. A lot of people wouldn't notice it. But its there and the dark backlight makes it worse.

17. Septembersrain Contributor

Septembersrain

I have an F19. Seems pretty good except apps crashing. Updated to 8.1 and I'm playing with it. We shall see!

18. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

I preordered my iPhone 6 and it seems to be perfect

19. CanadaEh macrumors regular

All 3 had flaws? I guess I'm lucky that mine turned out perfect

20. Septembersrain Contributor

Septembersrain

Mine was returned. The crashing didn't get better. The screen also started showing black lines running across it and felt very hot. I closed all apps and only kept one open at a time, that seemed to help a little but not much.

I just decided I'll pass over this for now and got a new iPad instead.