Any good browsers that block ads?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by fractal, Jun 23, 2014.

1. fractal macrumors newbie

Is there anything for the iphone 4, ios 7 that will let me access the internet and block all ads? The screen is small enough already!

2. nnacrumors macrumors 6502

iCab Mobile would be my current favorite/recommendation, although Mercury Web Browser could work as well. Atomic Browser used to be my favorite but the developer left it for dead and the last update was around 2 years ago.

IMO the best way would be to jailbreak and install the AdBlocker tweak which lets you block all safari ads, along with ads in applications too.

3. fractal thread starter macrumors newbie

Ooh, I don't know anything about jailbreaking, and can't afford the stress of trying to figure it out, nor the risk of mistakes.

What else, please?

4. Kryckter macrumors 6502

Kryckter

AdBlock seems kinda popular? Have you looked into that?

5. ApfelKuchen macrumors 68030

Are you familiar with Safari Reader? It's my favorite iOS Safari feature. It does more than strip-out ads (which it does) - it makes the text far more readable. Click the icon on the left-hand side of the address bar.

Attached Files:

6. nnacrumors macrumors 6502

"What else, please?" :confused:

I already gave you 3 different apps that do what you were asking which you can look into. Go in the App Store on your phone and do some research.

7. Kryckter macrumors 6502

Kryckter

I always forget about the reader. I have a little party when I remember, and then promptly forget again...

8. fractal thread starter macrumors newbie

The "lines of text" icon? I don't see it on any of the webpages I visited.

----------

Hmm, so that looks to me like stating the obvious and trying to pass it off as helpful. Interesting technique! Don't feel obligated to continue on my account.

----------

Yeah, I may give that a try; thanks.

9. lelisa13p, Jun 23, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2014

lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

Those lines are in the far left side of the actual grey address bar using Safari with iOS 7.1.1 (for me, on my iPad Mini-R.) They don't appear using iOS 6.

I continue to prefer using Atomic browser even though it hasn't been updated in a while. It still does everything I want and has built-in customizable ad blocking. You can identify your browser as other types as well, in case some pages present compatibility issues; Ive always left mine identifying as Safari without any problems (user since 2009).