Any good browsers with a safari-like reader?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Junkdumpster, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Junkdumpster macrumors newbie

I'll try to keep this short. I'm not a huge fan of mobile Safari (I know, shockingly original). However, I find myself time and again returning to it thanks to what I believe is an underrated feature : the reader. It makes browsing both non-mobile and mobile websites alike so much nicer, Andrew I hate giving it up.

So far I haven't found a single iOS web browser on the app store that even attempts to replicate it, let alone doing it well. The closest I've come is iCab Mobile, which I do love. One of the many modules available is a Readability add-on which creates the same effect as reader through the Readability website, however, this doesn't work for me since the last update (I'm also just not a fan of Readability).

So, if anybody knows of any apps that is a solid option for a Safari reader replacement, I'm all ears. Bonus points if its a universal app (iPhone + iPad). And triple bonus points if that app has an Android version.

2. Sintaku macrumors newbie

3. TreoRenegade macrumors regular

Try adding the Readability bookmarklet to your preferred browser. One will save the article for later reading, sans junk. The other gives you that clean Reader effect, on the spot, without saving.
    http://www.readability.com/bookmarklets