any good coop/multiplayer PS3 games that the missus might like?

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Chic0, Nov 11, 2009.

1. Chic0 macrumors 6502

My girlfriend enjoys playing games on PS3, but she only likes certain types of games.

She loves LBP and Soul Calibur 4 as she finds them fun and we can play them together. She doesnt like shooters like CoD or Killzone though.

Are there any other good games that she may like? They dont all have to be multiplayer

thanks

2. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Well since she likes fighters then theres Tekken 6 and Street Fighter 4. Although not coop/online there is Ratchet and Clank Future Tools of Destruction, Quest for Booty and A crack in time.

Don't forget to check out gems on PSN like Pixel Junk Monsters, Pixel Junk Eden, Flower, Fat Princes.

Online/coop - Warhawk, RE5, Zombie Apocalypse(PSN)

Bless

3. MRU Suspended

MRU

Buy her a copy of EyePet! Seriously.... It's great fun and melts the coldest of hearts :D Oh and the EyePet dynamic theme is the best DT yet..

Maybe I'm just camp ? :D

There are also the Buzz & Singstar games for co-op :)

4. Chic0 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the replies.

Already have Tekken 5, but we hardly ever play it. Nothing gets better than Soul Calibur for us. Had new SF4 when it came out, but really couldn’t get into it, so sold it pretty quickly.

Will have to have a look for those PSN games. I’ve heard of the Pixel ones, but never looked into them.

I’m going to buy new Ratchet and Clank. Think it one of them that she’ll love watching, but she try playing it though. She’ll probably find the controls hard to get used to J

5. MRU Suspended

MRU

:smut warning: Then put it away and give her a ps3 pad to play with instead :p;)

6. Chic0 thread starter macrumors 6502

so many replies, but I need to remember what kind of forum I'm on :p

7. Chic0 thread starter macrumors 6502

hmmmm just had quick look at that eyepet stuff and reckon she'll love it.

its gettin bought!
    cheers!

8. Miharu macrumors 6502

Miharu

You could try Bomberman Ultra, it has online and offline multiplayer. It's great fun.

9. MWPULSE macrumors 6502a

MWPULSE

im guessing football isnt really in the question? Fifa? Pro Evo? Or you could try like other sports games maybe? or we talking about shoot em up games solely?

PTP

10. Chic0 thread starter macrumors 6502

cheers. will look into Bomberman.

Decided against Eyepet cos reckon her interest in it will be short lived. She'll probably think it's cute, but will wear off soon enough.

As for sports, she cant stand footy games. I just picked up Fifa 09 today for fiver;)

Got few other games on order though.......
    new Ratchet and Clank.....I reckon she'll give it a go.
    Uncharted 2...she'll prob enjoy just watching it
    CoD Modern Warfare 2......she has no interest in those kinda games
    :)

11. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

PixelJunk Monsters is really fantastic. I can’t recommend it enough — especially for local co-op. Eden is also pretty fun, but Racers is mediocre at best. I’m looking forward to Shooter.

Flower is really a beautiful game, but it takes someone with patience to appreciate it.

Another vote for anything from the Ratchet and Clank series. Marvel vs. Capcom would fun for the two of you.

Get her SingStar. Every girl I’ve had over seems to love it.

And since I’m stereotyping, you could always get her a PSN card so she can purchase some new clothes for her avatar in Home. :D I kid. I kid.

12. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

TBH, I think I like Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix (the download title) better than Street Fighter IV. I'd highly recommend either of those, and Marvel vs Capcom 2.

13. Chic0 thread starter macrumors 6502

She doesnt like any other fighting game aside from SouL Calibur. I must admit I kinda have to agree with her. I am tempted to try out new Tekken, but it looks exactly same as last one :-s

Yeah that PixelJunk monsters seems alright. Currently dont have my PS3 connected onto web, so will have wait few weeks.

As for Singstar, I quite happy she not into that. Be quite interesting to see her on something like that though, as in all the 10 years I've known her, i'VE never heard her sing. I do all time in car, even though I know I'm crap:D
    I need to catch her in the act, when she doesnt realise I around;)

Cheers for help guys!

14. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

Haha. You’d be surprised how fun SingStar can be with friends. All it takes is a few beers or a few glasses of wine and BAM — you’re the next Freddie Mercury. :D

15. xIGmanIx macrumors 6502a

little big planet, uncharted 2 (everyone loves that game) and Rockband online would be my suggestions unless she is into sports game.

16. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

Any of the Lego games are fun to play in co-op. I really like the Star Wars ones.

17. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

Little Big Planet!!!!

It's so much fun! Pretty much the only game I want on PS3, though I'll probably get it for the Blueray player. :D

It's a fun game that's not too intense at all and easy to get into.

18. Chic0 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah had LBP since it came out. We both love that one. Currently living away from home, so dont have broadband. Do miss playing levels online.

Will look in Lego games. I've never paid them much attention for myself, but if the game are fun and 'cute' (as she likes to say), then she may just enjoy them :)