any good games that match this criteria?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bloodlucky, May 21, 2015.

1. bloodlucky macrumors newbie

im looking for any battlefield-like online games (first person shooter with vehicles), preferably free. so far red crucible firestorm is the closest i can find, and its fun but the mechanics are a bit buggy. i really wanted to play heroes and generals or battlefield play4free, as its pretty much perfect for what im looking for, but they dont support apple

i was thinking about getting battlefield 2412 but its incredibly hard to find a copy and i read that all multiplayer modes were shut off by EA

in the worst case ill take a vehicle-only game too, something like world of tanks or war thunder (both games run at unplayable frame rates on my mac)

btw i have macbook pro from mid 2011, 13".

2. bloodlucky thread starter macrumors newbie

jesus christ after a bit of searching i found a website that has an entire list of free to play fps's, and i already see some with vehicles in them. if youre interested check it out yourself

http://www.freegames4mac.com/p/action-games.html

3. yjchua95 macrumors 604

I wouldn't expect games like TF2 to run well on your Mac because it doesn't have a dedicated GPU.

4. RoboWarriorSr macrumors 6502a

My 2009 Macbook Pro 13" plays TF2 quite well, it is a source engine game after all. OP's 2011 should be more than enough to play source games.

5. bloodlucky thread starter macrumors newbie

yep, any game by valve seems to run at a smooth 35-40 fps unless someone intentionally tries to crash a server

even global offensive runs near 30 fps after i tweaked the settings