Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

htownmade1984

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 5, 2010
I know nothing about how to find a good pair of headphones. I listen to music more than I do anything else on my iPhone. I can't find a good pair of headphones that have bass. It doesn't matter if they are in ear or not.

Any recommendations?

htownmade1984

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 5, 2010
Klipsch s4i. whatever you get don't let it be that "beats" crap

I actually with to Best Buy with the intentions of buying a set of those yesterday! But I tried them out and there was no way I was going to drop $300 on that.

Thanks for the recommendation, about to google the Klipsch s4i now!

staccato83

macrumors 6502a
Sep 9, 2008
Las Vegas
I wasn't a fan of the Klipsch s4i and ended up returning them the same day. The cable is really thin and they didn't sound much better than the Apple earbuds.

Spend the extra money and purchase the Bowers and Wilkins C5. You won't regret it.

Kyotoma

macrumors 68000
Nov 11, 2010
Carnegie and Ontario
I like my Sennheiser CX 475s. I'll say though that I was pondering the Klipsch S4i's before I made my decision. The Sennheisers cost a little less so that's what I ended up getting.

boshii

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I actually with to Best Buy with the intentions of buying a set of those yesterday! But I tried them out and there was no way I was going to drop $300 on that.

Thanks for the recommendation, about to google the Klipsch s4i now!

If you want bass the Klipsch s4i won't work for you. I bought a pair on amazon and returned the next day.

I wouldn't drop $200-$300 for the beats over the ear. They sound crappy for the price. I would drop $100 on the ibeats though. I've had them for over a year and love them. The bass is amazing and the control-talk feature is very useful.

Kyotoma

macrumors 68000
Nov 11, 2010
Carnegie and Ontario

SCARY GAY DAD

macrumors 6502
Dec 3, 2011
DISNEYLAND
The Klipsch S4 is pretty horrible when it comes to detail. I recommend paying a little more for the Yuin PK2. I wouldn't bother getting the PK1 as they soundsessentially the same as the PK2 (any slight differences is susceptible to the placebo effect) but at twice the price. The PK2 has the same amount of bass as the Apple earbuds, but with far more detail and accuracy in the lows, mids, and highs.

The Shure SE215 has slightly even deeper, bigger, and more accurate bass than the PK2, but again, this is only slight, and because the mids and highs are a bit lacking, I highly recommend the PK2 over the SE215.

Bear807

macrumors member
Oct 6, 2011
If you are not fussy with sound detail go for cx200, way loads of bass and cheap cost. This is used to be my favourite few years ago. Now I'm abit audiophile I have tri 10 pro and others I never go back to that

htownmade1984

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 5, 2010
If you are not fussy with sound detail go for cx200, way loads of bass and cheap cost. This is used to be my favourite few years ago. Now I'm abit audiophile I have tri 10 pro and others I never go back to that

I'm not an audiophile at all!!! I put two 12" subs in my truck, but I left all the speakers stock! lol. I like BASS!!! Now I know I won't find a pair of headphones that are gonna hit like subs will. But I want some headphones with some type of bass in it.

I listen to music on my phone easily 8 hours a day. Pretty much all the time while at work. So I don't mind investing in a nice pair. Just want it to be worth the money.

LaZyFLiP

macrumors regular
Jan 20, 2009
Vote for the Klipsch S4i

I'll add another vote for the Klipsch S4i. I've had mine for about a year now and I love the way they sound. I did switch to the Comply Foam Tips though which provided me with a better fit and better seal. The better seal helped to enhance the lows.

Bear807

macrumors member
Oct 6, 2011
I'm not an audiophile at all!!! I put two 12" subs in my truck, but I left all the speakers stock! lol. I like BASS!!! Now I know I won't find a pair of headphones that are gonna hit like subs will. But I want some headphones with some type of bass in it.

I listen to music on my phone easily 8 hours a day. Pretty much all the time while at work. So I don't mind investing in a nice pair. Just want it to be worth the money.

In my opinion koss sprak plug or cx200 will suit your needs, I don't mean that sound is bad on these buy at affordable level price point they do have powerful bass. Do some research on review of these 2 pairs, good luck!

phon

macrumors regular
Dec 2, 2011
I wasn't a fan of the Klipsch s4i and ended up returning them the same day. The cable is really thin and they didn't sound much better than the Apple earbuds.

Spend the extra money and purchase the Bowers and Wilkins C5. You won't regret it.

now you tell me :p

I have a pair of 802N speakers, which were damaged my pocket so deep already. No more B&W please :p

dccorona

macrumors 68020
Jun 12, 2008
kilpsch s4i do sound great but it is a very balanced sound...though all the self-proclaimed "audiophiles" will tell you NO NO NO, if having heavy-hitting bass is really all you care about, Beats are actually the RIGHT choice for you (the in ear ones I'm referencing, I don't think the $300 are worth their price for anyone unless they really just care about appearances - they are some of the best designed headphones out there). They're notoriously too heavy on the bass...which sounds like just what you want.

However, if you really don't feel like spending that much money (which, if you just care about bass, not overall sound quality, I'd advise against anyway), go with these

http://www.staples.com/Motorola-In-...-Technology>Mp3_&_Accessories-_-793290-89245N

They're cheap...I bought them for a "backup" pair of headphones for when I didn't want to risk damaging/losing my more expensive ones, but I was pleasantly surprised with their quality. The bass really stood out on these. It's pretty heavy...I'd say quite close to on par with the beats. Particularly when you're listening to the music loud.

Ironically enough, I actually lost those. Posting this now, I'm considering actually buying another pair. Because of the low price, I'd call them the best headphone purchase I ever made (when you take into account both quality and price instead of just quality)

Takonic

macrumors newbie
Nov 11, 2011
headphones? beyedynamic dt770-32ohm,Audio technica m50, hell even sony extra bass series.

like all music, its all up to the listener and how much they enjoy certain aspects of sound. If you really enjoy deep bass, i recommend looking into maybe a Portable Amp or A different Digital Audio player. Iphone is really flat and lacking. Compare the basic sony DAP's (demo them instore if u can) and youll notice a huge difference in bass with slight pre-set equalizers

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.