Any good iphone car dock you recommend?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by macswitcha2, Mar 23, 2010.

1. macswitcha2 macrumors 65816

I'm looking for one that has the ability to move, perhaps a flexible dock so that I can video blog and drive. Is there something out there like that?

Note: I searched for some online but have not found one that fits one that will still have its case on.

2. litldish macrumors newbie

I love my Garmin RoadTrip (I have last year's model). Holds the iPhone in place well, has a stiff flexible goose neck, can rotate to landscape, charges, and plays audio through your car speakers. Check it out:
    http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/roadtrip

3. Bear Hunter macrumors 6502a

Bear Hunter

I kinda like that a lot. Wonder if it will fit an Otterbox defender widthwise? Will probably still need to modify a dock extender to work, but that's not an issue because there is no restriction on length.

4. netjack macrumors member

I can see that you can skip forward, but can you fast forward by holding down the skip button?

5. litldish macrumors newbie

Bear Hunter: I'm not sure about the otterbox but I've got a hard incase shell that's fairly thick and it fits in the dock nicely.

netjack: To fast forward through a song you can use the on-screen controls built into the iPod app. I don't think you can accomplish this through just the Road Trip.