Any good music players?

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by theapplefanboyj, Sep 29, 2014.

1. theapplefanboyj macrumors 6502a

I was a long time IOS user before I got my nexus 5. I used a Samsung for a few months because my 3gs was broken. So now that I've moved on from the 4s,I've got much more space on my phone that I don't need to stream music all the time. Which music player do you recommend and why?

2. Shanghaichica macrumors 603

Shanghaichica

I use player pro. I think more because of the layout. It's very clean and you can customise the look and feel of it. It's also very functional and I like the fact that you can edit the art work on the device with any picture you want within the app itself. You can also edit song tags directly in that app. There is a trial version you can try out for free before buying the paid version.

3. thering1975 macrumors regular

thering1975

For me I use either play music or Poweramp.

Poweramp is ultra powerful with great eq

4. ozaz macrumors 65816

I use Google Play Music. To minimise streaming I just mark the albums and playlists I'm currently interested in for offline playback.

5. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

^^ this. I have 2-3 different players and Poweramp with the EQ settings is by far the best in terms of sound quality. I have all sorts of presets created to maximize sound quality and ease of use from all the various locations/speakers I use.

6. pedromcm.pm macrumors 6502

Unless you need something very specific (equalizer, etc.) google play music looks like the best option. It has the design that you would expect from modern Android apps and works very well.

7. LouisLoh macrumors regular

When I had an Android phone I used Poweramp as well. Good support for codecs including ALAC (!) and a really pretty customisable home screen widget as well.

8. chagla macrumors 6502a

chagla

I love winamp. Although after they got bought out by Radionomy, it's hidden in official google play store. But you can find the apk file on google.

9. Fanaticalism macrumors 6502a

+1

10. swy05 macrumors 6502

I've tried a whole bunch of players and the undisputed best 2 are Poweramp and Neutron.

Neutron is a bit cluttered and not really user friendly (because it has so many settings and options) but by far, the best sound quality.

I enjoy Poweramp the most because it's user-friendly and the sound quality/eq is only second to Neutron.

Try both and see which you like.

11. gotluck, Sep 30, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2014

gotluck macrumors 603

gotluck

I use rocketplayer

Believe it is one of the few that can play local music to chromecast, I know poweramp/ google play music doesn't support that (though if I would just upload my tunes to google play music already ccast wouldn't be an issue.)

12. Klyster macrumors 6502a

Klyster

13. Cod3rror macrumors 68000

Cod3rror

I like Omich Player.

Uses stock UI, is simple and to the point.

14. quiclee1 macrumors newbie

Thanks you so much for reviewing. Today I am presenting a great article for the collection of best free android music player list.