Any good reason to udate to 1.1.1?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by themanfromvlad, Nov 2, 2007.

1. themanfromvlad macrumors 6502

themanfromvlad

I've unlocked my 1.0.2 iPhone. Everything works great. I've got no complaints. What am I missing by not updating to 1.1.1? The iTunes store? Is that it? Support for German and Spanish?

I'm thinking I should just wait until Apple releases some real new features and the hacker community hacks it a month later.

2. bbplayer5 macrumors 68030

Far better sound quality in speaker and normal calls. Its worth the upgrade to me.

3. tpouliot macrumors member

If you are traveling outside the US, you can turn off EDGE. That could be worth $thousands right there :p

4. Cuckoo macrumors 6502

Hey!

Well, to be honest, i'm in the same situation, and if you have no issues (like me) i recommend, 'if it isn't broken, don't fix it'

and on the roaming edge part, there is a little tool which disables EDGE in 1.0.2

oh one thought, i can't imagine apple giving up this easily, i can imagine that they planning to lock out 1.0.x phones with an updated iTunes.. but that's just me guessing... then we'll have a reason for updating

5. themanfromvlad thread starter macrumors 6502

themanfromvlad

Where is this tool?

6. Cuckoo macrumors 6502

Using the installer it's in the utilities section called 'services'

it's a little tool wich enables and disables wifi, edge and ssh....

7. themanfromvlad thread starter macrumors 6502

themanfromvlad

You rock my world....

now getting back to the speaker/sound issue... anyone else think there's a huge improvement in 1.1.1?

8. cazlar macrumors 6502

I like the double-click to get the iPod popup-controls (or whatever you set it to). I also hope to use the TV-out once (if) reasonably priced cables are released.

9. ghostshadow777 macrumors member

ghostshadow777

To me, the double click home button function is worth the price of entry, then iTunes WiFi store. But remember if you unlocked using AnySim 1.02 or iUnlock, you would want to virginize your phone before proceeding to update to 1.1.1.

10. notworksafe macrumors newbie

How do I revirginize my phone though? Is there a reliable method available for that now?

I used AnySim and I wasn't going to update my phone because I'd thought that there wasn't anything really out there that could revirginize phones.