Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TommyLove

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 23, 2011
Hello, I was wondering if there's any good recording software out there for mac that can record high definition console games through my T.V. and to my mac? I plan to do some recording of my game plays and upload them on youtube with some commentary in the future and I would like some great recommendations!
I've also read about some capturing card device, so I'm assuming I'm going to need one of those and would like some recommendations as well, but I would prefer HDMI if there is one out there!
Thanks!

LeandrodaFL

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2011
search for elgato eyetv

also take a look at kworld.com and avermedia.com

you will have dificltuis getting a capture card, as it would only be compatible with the macpro. But you may get USB adapters with HDMI/Component input. Basically, it transforms a USB port into a line-in capture card.

Now, recording vidoegames, thats fairly easy. It gets complicated when recording HDTV content, wich then you have to pay attention to hardware and software compatibility with your country digital signal

I have a Avermedia iPro HD, wich is certainly NOT compatible in USA, as its ISBT-T

cherrykate

macrumors newbie
Nov 28, 2011
NY
Any good recording HD software and hardware for mac?

HD recording software on Mac , Copernicus is a good choice.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.