Any good simple music players?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by silkyjohnson, Oct 9, 2009.

1. silkyjohnson macrumors newbie

I know, I know... iTunes is the end all, be all for mac users as far as music players go.

But I don't like to use iTunes all the time... there are times when I download a bunch of music and just don't have time to organize it and make sure it's tagged correctly, so I don't wanna add it to my iTunes library just yet...

so I am wondering, is there any other good music players out there that you might know of? I don't need it to go ahead and organize my music, I just need it to be able to open individual tracks or music off a folder and play it.

A player with an appealing UI and shuffle mode would be ideal. Thanks guys!

I tried Vox btw, but it's kinda ugly though. I might stick with it if nothing better comes up, but any other suggestions would be great!

2. silkyjohnson thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah i just found out about it just now by searching around... one thing it does lack though is being able to stay on top of other windows like itunes miniplayer... is there some way to invoke that function? or another player that can do that?