Any good site to get replacement glass for iphone 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by devilstrider, Feb 3, 2011.

1. devilstrider macrumors 6502a

2. devilstrider thread starter macrumors 6502a

Man they want a lot. Ebay here I come. I only use it as a ipod anyway.

3. devilstrider thread starter macrumors 6502a

4. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

that would be hard to do since the glass is fused with the LCD.

5. Wowzera macrumors 6502a

gadgetfix, ebay seller.
    As adviced, the front screen (lcd) is expensive, you can get the cheaper with only the glass, but it will require professional work. I would get the $90 piece.

6. zenio macrumors 6502

So far I've been lucky and my fragile iPhone 4 is still in one piece. But two friends have broken glass.

Buyer beware, they went to ebay and that glass busted in less than two weeks.

Then they got the glass from ifixit and it was really superior. You get what you pay for just like with Apple.

Get out your wallet its the price you pay to own the best :)

7. AnalyzeThis, Feb 3, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2011

AnalyzeThis macrumors 6502

From somebody who did it on his own...

For iPhone 4: Do not bother, it is not worse it at all.

The best shop for you - Apple Store - they will replace it in instant with new iPhone and you will get warranty as well.

Trust me: disassembling is difficult, but re-assembly even 2 times more complicated. You will be dealing with microscopic screws, spacers, tiny fragile connectors and etc.

At the end, I would be better off just giving it to Apple and be done with it.

Yes, you will need a full assembly: Glass + Digitizer + LCD. There is not way to reuse anything from old assembly - you will destroy LCD upon any attempt. Any video showing that LCD could be separated on iPhone 4 is fake, these folks just use separate components (not original) to make it look like they are geniuses.

I have iPhone 4 glass + digitizer - you can have it any time for $10 (paid $39 on ebay, so it will collect dust at your place).

Good Luck!

8. devilstrider thread starter macrumors 6502a

I got a replacement glass and digitizer off ebay from the same seller I got my girls moms replacement 3GS glass.

9. nyfliiboy macrumors regular

Ebay worked for me. Apple didnt even notice (or didnt care) when i got it replaced for a faulty home button.

10. devilstrider thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well I'll be returning that glass and getting the kit. I can take apart the phone and put it back together with no problem.