Any good utility to add Space functionality to Lion?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by hajime, Jan 21, 2012.

1. hajime macrumors 68030

Hello, I use Space in SL often. Right now, I am considering to upgrade to Lion. However, I heard Space is replaced by Mission Control which has been causing inconvenience to some uses who use Space. Is there any good utility/App to add Space functionality in SL to Lion? Thanks.

2. hajime thread starter macrumors 68030

3. KnightWRX macrumors Pentium

KnightWRX

Those are available in Lion's Mission Control.

4. thundersteele macrumors 68030

Imho the most important thing for me was to disable the automatic rearrangement. That was just confusing for me and not helpful at all.

I somewhat miss the 2D layout of spaces... I used to have a 3x3 grid of desktops, now it's just one long chain. Other than that, I like mission control.

5. robgendreau macrumors 68030

This isn't specific to Lion Spaces per se, but take a look at dockView. It allows you to preview an application's open windows by hovering your mouse over the application's dock icon. This makes it easy to go to the Space with the window you're seeking.

Rob

6. Krazy Bill macrumors 68030

Krazy Bill

Yes, you can do that in Lion. But once you have your windows on screen your keyboard is useless. May as well just start out with a gesture to begin with because you'll have to take your fingers from the keys anyway.

Expose/Spaces in SL has the ability to show *all* non minimized windows and all spaces on a single screen (to drag around as you please). Not so in MC.

There is no 3rd party app that brings back the functionality of Expose and Spaces you have in SL. You'll have to stay with SL or learn to adapt.

I find MC nice for casual browsing... useless for everything else.

7. hajime thread starter macrumors 68030

Thanks for the clarifications. Do you expect there will be 3rd party app that brings back the functionality o Expose and Spaces we have in SL?

If I have several windows playing videos at the same time, can we watch those videos perhaps in small thumbnails at the same time under MC?