Any good video converters for use with Windows Xp

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by volks88, Sep 21, 2007.

1. volks88 macrumors member

I have a bunch of movies in avi, divx and xvid formats. Is there a good program out there that can convert them for the Ipod Touch. I have windows XP OS.

Will MP4 movies converted for the PSP work on the Touch.?

Thanks.

2. screensaver400 macrumors 6502a

I've heard Videora talked about, but I cannot vouch for it personally. On the Mac, VisualHub and iSquint are the de facto standards.

3. xerikx macrumors regular

ImToo makes a fairly simple video converter for Ipods

4. safetyobc macrumors 6502

safetyobc

I am using Videora on my iPod 5th gen. There is a selection for iPod Touch when converting the video to make the best quality for certain devices.

I like it. It works well. I am recording TV using my PC, then converting it to iPod format. Works great! I have 2 movies I have done so far. Converting takes a bit of time (2 hour movie takes about 1 to 1 1/2 hours) to convert. But it works great if you don't mind waiting.

Oh and Videora is free. You can donate to them if you like the software!

5. ravenfire macrumors member

6. volks88 thread starter macrumors member

thanks guys.

I tried using Videora yesterday but I'm trying to find something that can keep the movies around 450mb. When using videora it'll show my movie before conversion with certain settings that it will come out t be 400mb. but when it is finished it is usually 850mb.

7. triela macrumors member

I use eRightSoft's SUPER (http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html), but I highly doubt it has any endorsements or licenses for them to keep it legitimately free to download.

With that caveat, SUPER is great for converting videos easily to MP4, and allows you to select Profiles (e.g. iPod/iPod 5.5/PSP/etc), containers (e.g. AVI/MP4/MKV/etc) and codecs (DIVX/AVC/MP4/etc), as well as resolution/bitrate/ratios for each Profile.

It basically converts videos of almost any format into almost any other format.

[Note: If SUPER is in any way illegal, please remove post.]

8. bwinterton macrumors member

If all you are worried about is converting from one file to another there is a site called media-convert.com if you go there you can upload the file and choose an output and it will convert it for you. It is really good and i have used it for many video conversions.

9. wizzracer macrumors 6502

wizzracer

Tried Five companys till i got DVD Copy 5 Platinum. It's faster and supports more formats. Does HDV format. Check out intervideo site.

10. deanage macrumors member

deanage

11. ravenfire macrumors member

Who uses XP?

Last time I checked I think it was a crap load. :)

But Mac's are cool as well. I just use a PC instead.

12. wizzracer macrumors 6502

wizzracer

Last time I checked the MP's with Leopard are not here yet! I can wait 2 months for Penryn Quad core and updated video cards with highier FSB for the same $$$

Oh I bought a MPB for my fill in tell they arrive. Cost was $600.00 with a bad screen but my Sony monitor fixed that. Still has apple care for 7 more months.

13. TurboSC macrumors 65816

TurboSC

lol I love all the apple products you own. I didn't have to blink before I realized you were a fanboy :)

I myself I'm waiting for the refreshed macbookpros... i love my iPhone though :)

14. wildcardd macrumors 6502a

Doesn't handbrake make a version for Windows?

I love handbrake for the Mac.

15. IUBall22 macrumors 6502

ive had a lot of problems with this. downloaded a lot of programs and finally got it to work. of all the programs ive tried, dvd decrypter to rip the dvds and videora to convert are by far the best.