Any good way to access YouTube from China?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by hajime, Feb 14, 2014.

1. hajime macrumors 68030

Hi, is there any free, good way to access YouTube from China? I recall that there was an app but it was removed from the App store.

2. anatjp macrumors newbie

I'm not sure if this will work, I use for accessing another countries' Netflix catalogues.

Just download the Chrome extension "Hola" in the chrome store, click over the icon that will appear after it's installed and select the country you want. I'm really don't know if it will work in this case, but I use it on Netflix, for another countries' catalogues. Good luck! :D

3. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

Add the YouTube channel to a Plex server. Then you should be able to access it from anywhere as long as the Plex server is running and is connected to the internet. Another benefit is that you can play flash based media on your iPhone / iPad :D.

4. hajime thread starter macrumors 68030

Does that mean I have to have a Plex server at home (outside China) operating all the time?

5. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

Plex will only work if the Plex server is operating. In the case of YouTube, your Plex server is receiving the YouTube and transmitting the audio/video to your remote device or remote computer.

You will have to do a google search to see if China blocks people from receiving a Plex connection.