Any good way to keep my android phone in sync with iTunes library??

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by tytsama, Oct 1, 2013.

1. tytsama macrumors newbie

Since I got my android phone, I've tried so many different methods to keep my android phone in sync with my iTunes library, but nothing really works well.
    I can copy the entire library onto my phone directly, but there's no way to import the playlists, which is a deal-breaker.
    I tried Google Play Music and upload the entire library and playlists into the cloud, but the playlists can't show correctly on my phone, some playlists don't have any song in it at all...
    There were several other apps, but not good at all.

You guys have any recommendations?? Hope nobody here will be hostile to me because I use an android phone:cool::cool::cool:

2. Aaron from KY macrumors member

I know next to nothing about android, but have you tried or heard of doubletwist? I tried to get my sister-in-law to look into using it when she switched to android. I don't know if it's an answer to your problem, but it might be a start, good luck!

3. Wolfpup macrumors 68030

I've heard that, but when I went to install it, it had some iffy stuff in the installer, malware basically. I don't trust it.

In my case, I need great podcast support, which is tougher to do than just music. Locks me in to iOS and iPods.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Doubletwist is probably the best solution. Its the most popular.

One downside to its syncing your iTunes media is DRM. If you have any music that has DRM, it won't sync it. This goes for all movies/tv shows since all of these contain DRM.

I haven't used doubletwist for about a year so I'm not sure how much it has changed but when I did use it, the product did a decent job