Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gee

macrumors 65816
Feb 27, 2004
London, UK
psycho bob said:
On a slightly bizarre note the U2 iPod does have one major advantage in the UK at least. Crime seems to be moving away from mobile phones (the market is saturated) onto things like iPods. Police in Birmingham have actually advised people to keep them hidden and not to use the white earbuds because they stand out like a 50ft sign saying mug me!

The Evening Standard, bless their little right-wing journo socks, ran that story about 6 months ago - ipod mugging epidemic - and the BBC attempted to run one of their own along similar lines at the same time. But unfortunately, after some investigation, the beeb couldn't actually find anyone who'd been mugged for their ipod, so they dropped the story.

Mugging someone for a mobile is easy, because people walk around with them pinned to their ears; ipods, less so, becuase they're usually in a pocket or bag.

Tiauguinho

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2002
The Netherlands
coldspot said:
Apple says you get a free $50 coupon that you can use to buy "The Complete U2" set. But these $50 are included on the price...

Steve Jobs sucks. The Macs are good and beautiful computers (except the iMac G5, which is extremely ugly), but the CEO is an incompetent administrator.

Someone slap him with a U2 iPod Please! :D ;)

Mechcozmo

macrumors 603
Jul 17, 2004
vga4life said:
Your ritual abuse of the English language is appalling.

macnemo said:
Can ppl hu got they're U2 iPOD post in this thread..

Not words: "ppl," "hu"
Words: "people," "who"

This sentence makes my head explode for so many reasons.

You said, in effect,
"Can people who recieve they are U2 iPod post in this thread."

This is gibberish.

"Wat?! Wat ain't no country I ever heard of! Do they speak English in Wat?"

Also, they're means they are. Their would be correct.

And notice the title of this thread?

BTW, thanks for your English lesson. Very nice to have. Makes the reading go easier. :)

psycho bob

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2003
Leeds, England
Gee said:
The Evening Standard, bless their little right-wing journo socks, ran that story about 6 months ago - ipod mugging epidemic - and the BBC attempted to run one of their own along similar lines at the same time. But unfortunately, after some investigation, the beeb couldn't actually find anyone who'd been mugged for their ipod, so they dropped the story.

Mugging someone for a mobile is easy, because people walk around with them pinned to their ears; ipods, less so, becuase they're usually in a pocket or bag.

I quite agree but I don't think there is much doubt that iPods do attract a lot of attention not all of which is good. I'm sure it was also reported (on the radio where I actually heard the news report originally) that apple had advised people to purchase third party headphones of a different colour. Whether this is true or not I don't know.

toughboy

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2003
Izmir, Turkey
coldspot said:
Steve Jobs sucks. The Macs are good and beautiful computers (except the iMac G5, which is extremely ugly), but the CEO is an incompetent administrator.

You suck! you little troll..... :mad:

PeterD42

macrumors member
Jul 5, 2004
Perth, Australia
New iPods

Woo Hoo

You're still young, that's your fault, there's so much you have to do...

Does this mean that there are going to be Blur iPods and Cat Stevens iPods as well? (The latter obviously not available in the good old U.S. of A. :)

iBert

macrumors regular
Jul 14, 2004
mine is schedule get home by wednesday at 10:30am.

Guess who will be coming in late to work that day!!!! :D

macnemo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 15, 2004
Lolz...
Anyway what was your est. shipping day before?
And when did you order yours?
Thanks...
And those who are getting theirs please post here...

This is a forum or is it? :p

mr.steevo

macrumors 65816
Jul 21, 2004
"And those who is getting their's please post here..."

"Is" should be "Are"

<snicker>

s.

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
coldspot said:
I just said the truth... ;)

Let's see here

coldspot said:
Steve Jobs sucks.

That's not the "truth", thats your opinion.

coldspot said:
The Macs are good and beautiful computers (except the iMac G5, which is extremely ugly),

I'll agree with that. But if you think the iMac G5 is extremely ugly, then what does that must make PCs look really, really ugly ;) :eek: (imo)

coldspot said:
but the CEO is an incompetent administrator.

Unless you have any valid proof of this, that is not the "truth" :rolleyes: ;)

timnosenzo

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2004
ct, us
macnemo said:
Got mine!!!
pics here
Clicky
Congrats! I kind of dig it.... :D All the white cords would bug me though. :cool:

Attachments

• u2ipod.jpg
    u2ipod.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 70

rendezvouscp

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2003
Long Beach, California
KevRC4130 said:
Looking at those pictures, do I see a light up click wheel? I guess I thought I read that 4G's did not have a light up clickwheel?

It's not light up, it's just that the white "text" is being picked up by the brightness of the screen. So, if there were other white things in the photograph that could've reflected light, they would show up too.
Sadly.
-Chase

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.