Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TSquareX

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 25, 2017
Anybody come across anything unique? Not looking for a wallet, charger, car mount.

Just wondering if there were any companies doing something different with the concept.

Reactions: Lahmy88

mvtm

macrumors member
Nov 16, 2017
Well i don't know if this suits your criteria but i modified a bit a Dji Om 4 gimbal so it would be Magsafe compatible. It is super secure with Apple Magsafe cases.

IMG-9517.jpg

IMG-9520.jpg

I find it a cool/interesting Magsafe accessory.

TSquareX

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 25, 2017
Well i don't know if this suits your criteria but i modified a bit a Dji Om 4 gimbal so it would be Magsafe compatible. It is super secure with Apple Magsafe cases.

View attachment 1742088
View attachment 1742089

Nicely done.

I am sure that Apple has plans for additional functionality, but the initial use case as seen thru accessories is quite narrow.

The Moment items in the post following yours are also quite innovative. I don't know how big the market is for add-on lenses, but items like this which enhance the photographic capabilities and allow you to take better pictures is a strong selling point.

Hope we see more in the not too distant future.

I do wonder how much of the functionality is limited by the degradation of the magnetic connective strength thru a case.

Reactions: Tricia_TD

darrinS

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
So Cal

View attachment 1742088
View attachment 1742089

Can you provide some info and links to what you bought and how you did this. My poor OM4 has been sitting closed up in a bag since late last year. Will really appreciate your help!

Reactions: colodane

mvtm

macrumors member
Nov 16, 2017
Can you provide some info and links to what you bought and how you did this. My poor OM4 has been sitting closed up in a bag since late last year. Will really appreciate your help!

Yes, so i followed this youtube video:

And bought this part on amazon: https://www.amazon.com/SUPERONE-Bas...ords=superone+iphone+12&qid=1615565829&sr=8-3

I have been using it with my big iPhone 12 Pro Max and it has sticked very solid with one of Apple Magsafe cases. I have not used it naked but with a proper Magsafe case for extra security. :)

Enjoy! Get the OM4 out of the closet!

I love this phone case. Could you please help me with model name and link? I do have 12 max pro.

It is the official Apple Silicone case in Plum color :)

Coolio1234

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2017

And bought this part on amazon: https://www.amazon.com/SUPERONE-Base【Removable-Compatible】-Accessories-Holder【P-Socket/dp/B08R3BWZ2Q/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=superone+iphone+12&qid=1615565829&sr=8-3

I have been using it with my big iPhone 12 Pro Max and it has sticked very solid with one of Apple Magsafe cases. I have not used it naked but with a proper Magsafe case for extra security. :)

is it possible to do this with a non apple MagSafe case? I have a strong aliexpress case with MagSafe magnets that would fit perfect with this

darrinS

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
So Cal

And bought this part on amazon: https://www.amazon.com/SUPERONE-Base【Removable-Compatible】-Accessories-Holder【P-Socket/dp/B08R3BWZ2Q/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=superone+iphone+12&qid=1615565829&sr=8-3

thx for the great info! om4 is back in business!

fullfast

macrumors 6502
Mar 24, 2010

View attachment 1742088
View attachment 1742089

Have you got the specs on how you did that as I have resulted in removing the rubber piece from the back of the original clip and would love it to be more simple like that

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.