Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pinkstiletto66

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 12, 2010
New York City.
Printers drive me crazy. The ones I have always seem to cause me issues. My last one I bought new and after not many printing jobs it got jammed. Problem is, the way it's designs makes it impossible to lift up the "lid" and clear any paper that might be jammed.

Other past printing problems were needing to manually feed the paper and make sure the printer grabs it straight.

I dont want to spend too much because I'm starting to feel as though printers will cause some problems in the future. My budget is under $125. I'm on Amazon and there are plenty with nice reviews so if anyone has one that has worked lovely for them please let me know.

I'm looking for one that won't go through to much ink, fax, and probably has the latest features whichever that might be. (I'm not hip with what's new with printer.) Btw, whats the main difference inkjet or laser?

kis

Suspended
Aug 10, 2007
Switzerland
My budget is under $125.

that's your problem right there - I would recommend the HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 Plus. I went through several models over the last couple of years and that one's by far the best. Low printing costs, great functionality. I don't think you can get a good, long-lasting printer for 125$.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.