Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RetiredInFl

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
FORMERLY NJ now FL
Is there any way to have my "plain" bluetooth headset that is NOT A2DP stereo to playback music etc? Basically I want to listed to podcasts & books so I don't care about music or stereo. My BB Bold used to do it.

My iPhone 3Gs is jailbroken.

dhartung02

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2007
Little Rock, AR
Yes there is. Look on Cydia for something called Bluetooth Mono SBSettings. This will redirect audio on your iphone through to your headset so you can hear music, podcasts, etc regardless of whether your bluetooh is A2DP

rKunda

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2008
Yes there is. Look on Cydia for something called Bluetooth Mono SBSettings. This will redirect audio on your iphone through to your headset so you can hear music, podcasts, etc regardless of whether your bluetooh is A2DP

Wow, thanks for this. I'd never even thought to look!

curly14

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2009

Any word on a non-jailbroke phone if this would work?

i have a 3g

milerich

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2009

You rock, just downloaded that!

And OP, thanks for asking the question, I gave up on this as a feature!

wase4711

macrumors regular
Jan 30, 2009
i tried all day to get this to work, but it wont for me..

Using Jawbone Icon, with FW 3.1.2 on a 3GS...

tried it several times, uninstalled it, re-installed it, toggled it on and off, turned my headphone on and off, and still no luck..

Any suggestions?

thank you!

wase4711

macrumors regular
Jan 30, 2009
yes, headset works perfectly for everything else, I just cant get the mono bluetooth aspect to work...

wase4711

macrumors regular
Jan 30, 2009
yeah, I have resprung it, rebooted it, and tried all that, but for some reason, it just doesnt show up as an option in any of my audio applications; it works fine on phone calls, and such, but not on Slacker, Ipod, or pandora...

pcs are junk

macrumors 65816
Sep 28, 2009
maybe you just bought a bluetooth piece that doesnt support listening to music on any device. maybe try getting a new one.

wase4711

macrumors regular
Jan 30, 2009
well, it is the newest jawbone model, and, even though there is no a2dp built in, I was hoping this would work until they update the firmware..
thanks for your help..

RetiredInFl

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
FORMERLY NJ now FL
well, it is the newest jawbone model, and, even though there is no a2dp built in, I was hoping this would work until they update the firmware..
thanks for your help..

Works fine for me with the ICON.

Make sure mono-bluetooth is OFF in SBSETTINGS
THEN start playing the file
THEN turn on mono-bluetooth

wase4711

macrumors regular
Jan 30, 2009
yes, I tried it with Ipod, slacker, and pandora, and it wont start with either..

I guess I am destined to have to wait until Jawbone enables a2dp via a firmware update...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.