Any hack/tweak to enable reminder snoozing?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by luckycharms, Feb 7, 2012.

1. luckycharms macrumors member

Hi y'all,

I, like many others, really need to be able to snooze my events. If I have an alarm set up for a meeting an hour from now, I need to be able to snooze the alarm for a half hour, or whatever.

Anyone know of a tweak, perhaps available via cydia (?), to enable such functionality?

Thanks!

2. robdam1001 macrumors 6502a

3. luckycharms thread starter macrumors member

thanks for the reply. yes, by events i mean calendar appointment alerts and reminders.

I'd like to find something that works with the system calendar app. I don't want to use a different calendar database entirely, as my system is set up to work with apple's calendar via syncing with my desktop's Outlook, etc. Easy Reminders, as I understand it, has a separate database. That is, if you enter a reminder in Easy Reminders, you won't see it in your apple calendar, and vice versa.

Hence the need for a 'hack/tweak' instead of just another reminder app.

4. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

Check out RemindMeLater, not sure if it works on iOS5 or not.

5. luckycharms thread starter macrumors member

6. WhatAmI macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

I spoke to Alex a couple of days ago and regrettably, which is a real bummer...:

"Sorry, I have not had time to get this working with iOS5. The notification changes in the new version will effectively require a full rewrite of the tweak. Unfortunately I'm not able to commit the necessary time to this project at present.

If you are interested, I've made the source code for this project available: https://github.com/varju/RemindMeLater "

7. bigsexyy81 macrumors 6502a

bigsexyy81

Total bummer.

I'd pay $10 for this tweak. It'd be that useful to me. I wish someone would take this over and create it for iOS 5. It worked amazing on iOS 4.

8. mstrze macrumors 68000

It's not exactly what you want, but I set up multiple alarms for my Mother's doctor appointments (1, 2 days prior, another 2 hours prior.) You could always do a alert 1 hr before, then another 10 or 15 minutes prior?

(ASIDE: Unless you are not presently at work , a meeting alert an hour ahead is almost useless, isn't it? It's far enough in the future for you to forget. For work meetings, I'd suggest one 15- and one 5-minute alarm. )

9. luckycharms thread starter macrumors member

Very cool that he released the code! Let's hope someone takes up the reins...

10. bigsexyy81 macrumors 6502a

bigsexyy81

11. luckycharms thread starter macrumors member

12. randomguyishere, Feb 15, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2013

randomguyishere macrumors regular