Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ACardAttack

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 18, 2010
I know the iphone has it where you can add a playlist...only problem is you have to scroll through EVERY song, no way to search, or add one song to an already created playlist...it is very limited

Is there any application that allows me to search for songs, quick scroll, or even just add songs to an already created playlist?

Cooolpenner

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2011
Try pwntunes...
Just create a folder in MyMusic and add the songs you want. PwnTunes will automaticly create a playlist for each folder.

ACardAttack

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 18, 2010
I'm looking for something that I can do on my iphone....I'm fine with connecting it to a computer and using itunes...but if im not near my computer I'd like to be able to easily make a playlist

Abs_p

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

ACardAttack said:
I'm looking for something that I can do on my iphone....I'm fine with connecting it to a computer and using itunes...but if im not near my computer I'd like to be able to easily make a playlist

U can use pwntunes / ifile on phone itself ;)

ACardAttack

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 18, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Ah, but if I saw correctly in cydia, its like 13 bucks...not quite worth it for all I want to do

IrishVixen

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010
I know the iphone has it where you can add a playlist...only problem is you have to scroll through EVERY song, no way to search, or add one song to an already created playlist...it is very limited

Is there any application that allows me to search for songs, quick scroll, or even just add songs to an already created playlist?

Um...the stock iPod app allows you to do nearly all these things.

To search, bring up the list of all songs in edit mode while building your playlist. Swipe down to reveal the search bar. Same works for artists, albums, and even playlists.

To add one or more songs to an existing playlist, open the playlist and click on Edit. Now click on the + button in the upper left. Go add your songs, albums, or even an entire other playlist. Click Done, and then Done on your edited playlist to save.

And if like me, you manually manage music syncs in iTunes, you'll want this info:

https://discussions.apple.com/message/15627878?tstart=0#15627878

iTunes tends to eat phone created playlists as it first detects your phone when plugged into your computer. On this page is the solution to restoring them--a workaround, but a fairly easy one.

Last edited:

Abs_p

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2011

ACardAttack said:

Ah, but if I saw correctly in cydia, its like 13 bucks...not quite worth it for all I want to do

Think about this : u won't ever have to touch iTunes again :p
I guess 13 bucks ain't much then ;)

ACardAttack

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 18, 2010
Um...the stock iPod app allows you to do nearly all these things.

To search, bring up the list of all songs in edit mode while building your playlist. Swipe down to reveal the search bar. Same works for artists, albums, and even playlists.
WHY WOULDNT APPLE JUST HAVE THE SEARCH BAR ALREADY???!!! I never in a million years would of thought of doing that

To add one or more songs to an existing playlist, open the playlist and click on Edit. Now click on the + button in the upper left. Go add your songs, albums, or even an entire other playlist. Click Done, and then Done on your edited playlist to save.
Why are all these things so hidden? The second one not as much but still

Thanks

IrishVixen

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010
Why are all these things so hidden? The second one not as much but still

Thanks

No problem, happy to help. And don't get me started on Apple's "interesting" UI choices. LOL

Pwntunes is intriguing for a lot of reasons, but that pricetag is definitely off-putting. And this is from someone who both utterly despises iTunes and who routinely pays for apps if they're worth the money. At $6, I'd probably buy it. At $13? No. That'd make it the third most expensive app on my phone, behind Navigon and OmniFocus.

But I'll give them credit for having a free trial. Too many paid tweaks still don't offer that, and it irritates the heck out of me.

Cooolpenner

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2011
I've bought pwntunes and it works fine. It's definetly worth the money.
No need for itunes, 'sync' music, photos and other files everywhere without any software... I love it :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.