Any have the new Otterbox Commuter yet ?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by richxps, Oct 17, 2011.

1. richxps macrumors 65816

richxps

If so please please post pics. Im trying to see if the new one will have that problem with having a gap on the top left and right where the hard shell clips on the silicone ?
    Thanks

2. CdnMacJen macrumors member

Attached Files:

3. CdnMacJen macrumors member

Just got mine today. Yup, obvious gap at top left. Also had a divot/gouge in the plastic on that side. I'm returning it. Going back to a Defender probably.

bent case-2.jpg
    warped plastic.jpg

4. richxps thread starter macrumors 65816

richxps

is this the same old commuter or is this the new one were the hard shell looks to be a little different ( the black one on the otterbox site)

5. La-vida227 macrumors member

Just got mine and I'm extremely disappointed in the build quality. I'm trying to send it back but they haven't picked up the phone yet

6. richxps thread starter macrumors 65816

richxps

wow i guess i will not be ordering this case. i thought it looked great on the site but i guess in person its no so.

7. iSIILENT macrumors regular

Wow I order mines from att, everything is perfect , fits nice and tight .. Got the black on black

8. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

I've got the older style Commuter. I got both of them from one of my local AT&T stores, and the fit is perfect. However, as I was worried about, the smaller "keyhole" cutout for the camera and flash really affects the shots (washing them out).

I noticed from the pictures posted earlier of the newer Commuter that they've also changed the top plastic piece a bit. Mine is flat across the top, whereas the newer ones are like the 3GS version and actually start to wrap around the corner of the phone. I like that a lot better.

Looks like I'll be picking up a couple of the newer-style Commuters as soon as possible!

Pics of my "old style" Commuters (taken with my 3GS):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]