Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bearcatrp

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 24, 2008
Boon Docks USA
Anyone with a 2011 iMac have temps you can post, after taxing the system heavily? Maybe rip a long movie or something that will pretty much max the system for say 10 minutes or more? Looking for temps AND how hot the top feels. My 2006 is a bit old and would like to know temps of the new ones before deciding on upgrading. Just post your highest temp and how hot the top feels. Tnks.

thundermustard

macrumors regular
Apr 21, 2008
Anyone with a 2011 iMac have temps you can post, after taxing the system heavily? Maybe rip a long movie or something that will pretty much max the system for say 10 minutes or more? Looking for temps AND how hot the top feels. My 2006 is a bit old and would like to know temps of the new ones before deciding on upgrading. Just post your highest temp and how hot the top feels. Tnks.

Not home and able to do this, but I mentioned to my wife the other day (who always has cold hands) if you want to warm up your hands put them on the back of the iMac. It is very warm.

TMRaven

macrumors 68020
Nov 5, 2009
I wonder what kind of temperatures the models with 6970m get. The 6970m has a good bit more tdp than 5850m.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.