Any heat, noise, screen issues with new 15" MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Eauboy, Jun 16, 2009.

1. Eauboy macrumors regular

Eauboy

Hi all,

Can those who have received one of the new entry level 2009 15" MBPs weigh in on their experience so far? Specifically, I'm interested in heat (I will use mine as a true laptop 99% of the time), noise, or screen issues. I'm *this* close to clicking 'buy' but wanted to get at least first impressions.

The sticky thread is interesting, but is mostly people obsessing about ship dates, with very little real feedback on the hardware.

Thank you...

2. Syonidism macrumors regular

with a little tweak on the fans my friend is quite happy. However i don't like it.

a "LAP"top should be able to be held on your lap by definition.

3. Eauboy thread starter macrumors regular

Eauboy

I don't understand. Are you saying that the 15" your friend has is in some way unsuitable for lap use? I have a 15" Lenovo which I have no problem using on my lap, so I don't think size would be a problem...

4. veterator macrumors member

veterator

Mine stays around 120 degrees during normal use. Under cpu intensive activities it can get close to 190 degrees. Not too hot stand, but warmer then what is comfortable to have in your lap for very long.

5. PolySciSurfer macrumors 6502

I wonder if the 15" MBP runs cooler than the new 13" MBP because the 15" has two fans, where the 13" has just one fan. And since the bottom end 15" MBP has the same GPU as the 13" MBP, and similar CPU's, they should perform very similar meaning they should be creating the same amounts of heat. But the 15" has an extra fan meaning it should run much cooler than the 13".

Any reports? I'm just using logic to predict the low end 15" will run cooler than the new 13" MBP, but I would love to hear from users who can attest to actual experiences. Anyone? :confused:

6. LEOMODE macrumors regular

since only the mpb with discrete graphics has 2 fans, i'll say it won't make any much of a difference. mainly because the other fan is basically for the other gpu card.
    and i heard from the other posts that a mbp with a single gpu is actually much cooloer than the one with dual graphics. so i'll say it doesnt matter at all.