Any help on someone who may be hacking my laptop/iMessage

Discussion in 'macOS' started by letstryagain, Apr 4, 2013.

1. letstryagain macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

One of my friends has somehow managed to access my imessages. I've just moved from an iphone back to a blackberry but when people send me texts, they still go through as imessages. Firstly does anyone know how to stop this? I also just wanted to ask whether anyone knew of anyway in which someone might be able to install a program on a MacBook Pro running mountain lion so that they could essentially watch what I'd been doing on screen as well as view what the webcam was seeing? The same person has made a few comments such as, "have you covered up your webcam" which I did because I was suspicious he'd managed to hack my computer in some way. It was funny at first, but now its just annoying me. Any information would be much appreciated.
    Cheers

2. Jesla macrumors 6502a

Jesla

so who is this friend?.....the US Fed. law enforcement agency can't even do that.....LOL

3. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Wait...this is a friend!!??

I don't have enough technical knowledge to be of help in that area, however, growing up on the streets of the Bronx, I do have some suggestions of what you might do to your "friend".

Unfortunately it involves behaviors which , generally speaking, fall under the heading of assault and battery. I can say no more, but I know people who, for a modest honorarium, will convince your friend of the error of his ways.

;) :D

4. w0lf macrumors 65816

w0lf

Unless you installed something fishy, gave them your password or gave them physical access to your computer while logged in I'm not really sure that's possible. Also what you're saying here doesn't quite make sense. What do you mean by "when people send me texts, they still go through as iMessages"? Are you trying to say that on your computer you're receiving the texts via the iMessages app or something else?

If the little green light next to webcam is not on then neither is your webcam. So if you're not seeing the green light then they're just lying to you. However if it is on you might want to disable the web cam ( http://osxdaily.com/2007/03/26/how-to-disable-the-built-in-isight-camera/ )and then either consider doing a re-install or trying to dig around and look for any unfamiliar process in activity monitor and see if you cant find whatever is accessing your camera that way.