Any help with Sorenson Squeeze?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by jimnightshade79, Jan 5, 2010.

1. jimnightshade79 macrumors newbie

jimnightshade79

:)I'm trying to compress a video in Squeeze for upload to Vimeo, Youtube, etc.
    Not sure what format/compression preset to use though. I assume I go for mpeg-4 but they give you many options under the mpeg-4 drop down menu including 256K, AVC, LG Med Sm Prog, etc.

The video was shot in 24p and edited in an Avid 30i timeline. Can anyone familiar with Squeeze steer me in the right direction?

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

You could also try to go with MPEG Streamclip at www.squared5.com .

First you export the sequence as QT Reference, which will give you one .aiff and on .mov file, the .mov file links to the original footage in the MXF/Omfi Media folders.

Then in MPEG Streamclip you can choose from a variety of codecs and containers.

I would advise to export as .mov or .mp4 file using the H264 codec, and the bit rate as high as you want.
    And select Multi-Pass if you have time for that (it takes two to five times longer in my experience, but the image quality is better, especially in fast moving takes).

I think YT now accepts videos up to 1GB though.

Give them the best quality you can offer and afford (bandwidth wise), as YT converts the video in the end to three/four different resolutions anyway.

3. daveyboy74 macrumors newbie

Use presets

Hi there, I've just started using squeeze 6 - and found it to be great...

I wanted to find the same information as you to - and found that you can download a few presets here:

http://presets.sorensonmedia.com/

Stick to mp4 - as it really compressed the file size (if that's what matters to you). The presets I've used are: HiMotion-HD 1080p (16x9) and
    HiMotion-HD 720p (16x9)

These bring file size down from 1Gig to about 35-50MB, with some loss of clarity (but not much).

If you double click the preset once you have saved/downloaded it - it will bring up some options...

Just need to change a few things - the screen shot of what I've done is below.

Hope that helps!

Attached Files: