Any High-Resolution Options For 12" Powerbook G4?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by nickXedge, Feb 9, 2012.

1. nickXedge macrumors 6502

nickXedge

Hey all,

I just searched around for a bit but couldn't find anything helpful. I recently got a 12" PowerBook G4 as a project and it's been going well, however I was wondering if there are any High-Resolution displays I can transplant into it... The current 1024x768 resolution isn't too bad on a 12" but I'm sure at this point there's got to be something better I can put into it.

Any help/suggestions and links would be greatly appreciated. If you need any other information, let me know. Thanks!

2. cocacolakid macrumors 65816

cocacolakid

3. zen.state macrumors 68020

zen.state

I doubt there are many (if any at all) 12" 4:3 LCD that can do above 1024x768. If a higher res is really that important to you then start using it with an external LCD when at home and just use the built in screen when away.

4. Goftrey macrumors 68000

Goftrey

I find 10x7 fine on my 12" PowerBook. But then again, I use spaces an awful lot...

5. MAC MAN JW macrumors 6502

MAC MAN JW

Glad to see your back zen.state:) Macrumors was not the same with out you:)

6. cocacolakid macrumors 65816

cocacolakid

Yeah, it was peaceful and the advice was better.

----------

You could read the thread linked directly above you to see that you're wrong.

7. GermanyChris macrumors 601

GermanyChris

That other thread looks fun. I should try that :D

8. zen.state macrumors 68020

zen.state

I never said there were none for sure so you're really just trolling with the above post. If you read that same thread you mention you would read he had to buy it from China.

Good luck with all that built up frustration you have.

9. cocacolakid macrumors 65816

cocacolakid

Another constructive post. If you took one second to actually read the thread you wouldn't have given the wrong advice. It's amazing that you jump all over anyone who even asks a question where there is already an answer, but you can't be bothered to actually read anything.

10. zen.state macrumors 68020

zen.state

Please point out where I said there are none for sure. As I have said in the past.. if you don't like me or my posts then add me to your ignore list.

If my posts frustrate you (and they clearly seem to) then why would you ever want to read anything I have to say? It's like you want a reason to troll or attack me.

11. nickXedge thread starter macrumors 6502

nickXedge

Thank you for this! I just checked out that thread and will probably attempt something similar around Summer time. I also put an OWC SSD in mine, although I am planning on setting it up as a work computer, so I put in a 40GB - won't need much space other than Pages and Numbers documents. All my music/movies and whatnot is on my MacBook anyway.

If anyone knows of another option for screen upgrades, let me know. Thanks all for the input! Try to play nice!

12. Goftrey macrumors 68000

Goftrey

Look at this! The first thread Zen posts in in a good fortnight ends up with an argument!

13. brycemason macrumors member

Woohoo! I am still using that PB12, but it mainly sits on my nightstand and serves uncompressed music to my amp and headphones. It's my music server.

14. Cox Orange macrumors 68000

not wanting to talk you out of what you plan to do, but what do you expect to gain from higher resolution. If you get a higher resolution, will you put your head nearer to your TFT? I mean, I do not know, if it can be compared, but if you have a low res TV and go some steps backwards, you can't see that the res is low, right?

I sometime read an advertisement from Apple, that they had studied the perfect resolution per display size, which is best for your eyes to not make your head weak. I do not know if it was marketing blabla or it is true, but if it is right, then they say, that 100ppi is perfect for your eyes, if you look at your display from a 50cm distance.

You can calculate it here http://members.ping.de/~sven/dpi.html

the 12" PowerBook/ibook has 106ppi, which seems quiet good, if it is true what Apple says.

Not wanting to p*** someone off, good night!

15. G5 Mac Daddy macrumors member

I don't know about what apple says but I'm totally doing this upgrade.