Any iCloud Financial Software between Mac and iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by iDriveX, Jul 23, 2013.

1. iDriveX macrumors member

Was using Money by Jumsoft on the Mac for the longest time and I absolutely love it. I thought they had baked in iCloud support to their app and even went as far as to download the iPad version of the app. I feel ripped off. Even in their User Manual it references iCloud support! Finally if you do a google search on their iCloud support you'll find a blog post saying that they've removed iCloud support because they found it was unreliable with core data. Cool ok. You guys can't figure out how to write an app with iCloud support, I get it.

Now that I know this and will be requesting a refund.... Does anyone know of any iCloud supported financial software that seamlessly syncs between an app on Mac OS X and iOS? I'm not looking for an online alternative like Mint, but a full fledged app. Does this exist?

2. jlblodgett macrumors 6502a

What kind of financial software? Are you looking for something to balance the books? A budgeting software?

You Need a Budget (YNAB) has a Mac OS app (with budget and account management) and a iOS app where you can input transactions and so forth. It syncs via DropBox.

3. roblawton macrumors 6502

I use Accounts Tracker on iOS (http://grahamhaley.co.uk/accounts/) which is perfect and uses iCloud to sync everything.

There's a Mac version coming soon (currently running in Beta) which should be released soon I believe.

Not an immediate solution to your problem but might be worth keeping an eye on this when the Mac version is finally released! :)

4. bluedukies8 macrumors 6502

bluedukies8

I've been using Checkbook HD. It has iCloud sync across all devices. There is a free version if you want to check it out first too. Then when you update all your data can be moved over. I haven't had very many issues with it and can go from my iPhone to iPad easily. If this is the type of app you are looking for.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/checkbook-hd-personal-finance/id387353182?mt=8

5. iceblade macrumors member

I've been using the Mint.com app some, and I've been satisfied with it. I'm not sure if it will meet your needs or not, but its worth checking out the website to see if it'll work. Its all free (at least, I don't recall paying for it, so unless they have changed it in the past couple of months...), so why not give it a shot (if you're looking for that sort of financial application)?

6. lucindacongreve macrumors newbie

I would suggest that you use mint.com, not only that this app is free but it also lets you achieve your goals, not to mention that the app is user friendly, because of its simpleness, an app that is so helpful and so easy to use. :))

7. throAU macrumors 601

throAU