Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NJRonbo

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 10, 2007
Most of my Cloud related programs are not syncing with each other....

Mainly CLEAR and DELIVERIES apps.

Perhaps it is the apps.

However, after going into SETTINGS and signing into iCloud drive, the ICLOUD DRIVE option is greyed out.

MikhailT

macrumors 601
Nov 12, 2007
No iCloud issues here. I've been abusing the new Notes app and I like it, no sync issues as far as I can tell.

Try signing out and signing back in, that usually resolves the issue.

Kroner

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2011
Norway
With me it won't let me sign off my iCloud account or enable iCloud drive, keychain or Safari.

NJRonbo

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 10, 2007
Nothing seems to be working.

Tried signing out of iCloud. It made me change my entire password.

Notes and Mail are unchecked. It's just the iCloud icon itself. It will not allow me to link to it.

rsbell

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2007
Murrieta, CA
Fixed my iCloud issues:

Delete the Accounts folder here:

Library>Application Support>iCloud>Accounts

Then restart. Delete any extra iCloud accounts un Internet Accounts in System Preferences.

If you don't have any extra iCloud accounts in the list, you should be able to go ahead and check the box next to all of the iCloud apps and be fine.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: shafez and Kroner

J.gerbes

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2012
Fixed my iCloud issues:

Delete the Accounts folder here:

Library>Application Support>iCloud>Accounts

Then restart. Delete any extra iCloud accounts un Internet Accounts in System Preferences.

If you don't have any extra iCloud accounts in the list, you should be able to go ahead and check the box next to all of the iCloud apps and be fine.

Hope this helps.

I also had major iCloud issues.

In my case though, I had a phantom @gmail account as well as my @icloud account. My fix was as follows:

1) Log out of iCloud Keychain on all other devices (iPhone, iPad, other Macs etc.)
2) Delete account file (above)
3) Restart
4) Delete all iCloud accounts in System Preferences > Internet Accounts (click 'Later' on all error pop-up messages, do NOT log in to iCloud or provide your password)
5) Restart (probably not needed, but as a precaution)
6) Log into iCloud as normal

NJRonbo

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 10, 2007
Gents,

REALLY appreciate the help. I am at work and will try one of these two methods later today.

Once I delete the iCloud account, I take it I can re-sign in and sync it up with all the material that still exists on my other iCloud devices?

rsbell

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2007
Murrieta, CA
Once I delete the iCloud account, I take it I can re-sign in and sync it up with all the material that still exists on my other iCloud devices?

Yes.

All of the iCloud content appears to be fine (and available on iOS 9 devices). The issue is with El Capitan signing into iCloud.

NJRonbo

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 10, 2007
Guys,

Thanks for sticking with me.

Not working.

Tried both methods.

Deleting the account from Library -> Application Support -> iCloud: does work.

When restarting computer, it says that it is having problems connecting to iCloud and asks me to sign in.

Now at this point, I know I am supposed to delete the old account. I click on SIGN OUT but in the end I get a message saying that it can't sign me out.

Also tried turning iCloud off on my iPhone and iPad. Left the Macbook Pro alone because it was turned off.

That didn't seem to make a difference.

At this point, I am signed into an iCloud account but I cannot put a checkmark next to the iCloud Drive itself.

Last edited:

rsbell

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2007
Murrieta, CA
Guys,

Thanks for sticking with me.

Not working.

Tried both methods.

Deleting the account from Library -> Application Support -> iCloud: does work.

When restarting computer, it says that it is having problems connecting to iCloud and asks me to sign in.

Now at this point, I know I am supposed to delete the old account. I click on SIGN OUT but in the end I get a message saying that it can't sign me out.

Also tried turning iCloud off on my iPhone and iPad. Left the Macbook Pro alone because it was turned off.

That didn't seem to make a difference.

At this point, I am signed into an iCloud account but I cannot put a checkmark next to the iCloud Drive itself.

Hmmm.

When I restated and got the "Can't login to iCloud" message I hit "Later" and it goes away.

Then go to Internet Accounts in System Preferences, and then select the extra iCloud account and then the minus sign at the bottom of the window. Worked for me on 3 different Macs.

Don't try to sign out or anything else.

Are you seeing an "extra" iCloud account in Internet Accounts?

Oh, and when I DID check the iCloud Drive checkbox it took about 30 seconds to actually check and start the iCloud Drive download in Finder.

NJRonbo

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 10, 2007
Yup. Following directions all the way.

The problem is, when hitting the minus sign I get all kinds of warnings about content being removed from my Mac which is fine. The final warning is "Your iCloud account couldn't be removed at this Time"

NJRonbo

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 10, 2007
...and I am seeing two iCloud accounts.

One is a primary at top. The other says "inactive" at bottom. I am guessing "inactive" is the one I want to delete? The same thing happens when I try to delete that one. It will not remove.

rsbell

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2007
Murrieta, CA
Yup. Following directions all the way.

The problem is, when hitting the minus sign I get all kinds of warnings about content being removed from my Mac which is fine. The final warning is "Your iCloud account couldn't be removed at this Time"

Gotcha.

On mine, The extra iCloud account had unchecked checkboxes for Calendars, Contacts and something else. That was the one I hit the minus sign on to delete. Then the main iCloud account was fine to check everything else.

That might be the difference-you might be trying to delete the main iCloud account.

Do you have a blank iCloud account that is not the main iCloud account in Internet Accounts?

NJRonbo

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 10, 2007
Yes, I have an account that says INACTIVE.

I cannot delete that either.

NJRonbo

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 10, 2007
It keeps telling me to turn off all iCloud services. I have been force closing all my applications.

The INACTIVE I can't do anything with. That only shows up in INTERNET PREFERENCES and when I click on it, I am taken to my main iCloud account.

I can't uncheck anything in my main iCloud account. Can't even delete that.

Even removing the account from library -> Application support did nothing, but I continue trying.

rsbell

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2007
Murrieta, CA
It keeps telling me to turn off all iCloud services. I have been force closing all my applications.

The INACTIVE I can't do anything with. That only shows up in INTERNET PREFERENCES and when I click on it, I am taken to my main iCloud account.

I can't uncheck anything in my main iCloud account. Can't even delete that.

Even removing the account from library -> Application support did nothing, but I continue trying.

Ah. Beats me.

Keep trying and report back.

NJRonbo

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 10, 2007
Think I finally got it fixed. Just was continuously persistent in rebooting and deleting files from the applications folder. Thanks rsbell.

Reactions: rsbell

RyuX51

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2015
Think I finally got it fixed. Just was continuously persistent in rebooting and deleting files from the applications folder. Thanks rsbell.
Care to elaborate? I'm stuck with the same problem and can't get it fixed. I can't sign in, I can't delete ("Your iCloud account couldn't be removed at this Time") and deleting ~/L/AS/iCloud/Accounts doesn't seem to bother the capitain...

/edit: With DP 2 I could delete the Account. But when I try to log in again, I get a simple "Verification Failed" and "Your username or password is incorrect."
Yes, I double- and triple-checked and pasted. Username and password are correct. I also tried the alternative e-mail-adresses (icloud.com. me.com). Nothing.
Furthermore I can login in iTunes, but App Store also won't work.

Last edited:

TweakOnline

macrumors regular
Dec 17, 2012
Europe
Care to elaborate? I'm stuck with the same problem and can't get it fixed. I can't sign in, I can't delete ("Your iCloud account couldn't be removed at this Time") and deleting ~/L/AS/iCloud/Accounts doesn't seem to bother the capitain...

/edit: With DP 2 I could delete the Account. But when I try to log in again, I get a simple "Verification Failed" and "Your username or password is incorrect."
Yes, I double- and triple-checked and pasted. Username and password are correct. I also tried the alternative e-mail-adresses (icloud.com. me.com). Nothing.
Furthermore I can login in iTunes, but App Store also won't work.

I've got exactly the same problem, can't login either since DP 2. Same error, same issue. Hopefully it will be fixed with DP 3 next week. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.