Any Idea how much i could sell my Mac Pro for?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by piggy123, Jun 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. piggy123 macrumors newbie

Hi All

I purchased my Mac Pro in March of this year and unfortunately though I love every piece of that machine and it has been flawless I am thinking of selling it - TO be honest I don't really need all that power so I am hoping I can sell the Mac and get an iMac and a 13inch Macbook Pro instead. Anyway does anyone have an idea as to how much I would get for this spec Mac in the UK and any tips on the best place to sell would be greatly appreciated :)

2 x 2.66ghz cpu
    12gb ddr3 ram
    2 x 1TB hdd
    2x superdrive
    Airport Extreme card
    Ati 4870

In mint condition and I also have the magic mouse, apple bluetooth keyboard and 2 1/2 years applecare.

Thanks in advance for any help :)

Edit: I am in the UK too

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Try www.mac2sell.net and MRoogle for similar threads. Maybe eBay can also give you an indication of how much your MP is worth.

Btw, these are the rules:

Selling outside the Marketplace

All threads offering items for sale or trade, asking to buy items, or asking for pricing advice on items to be sold must be posted in the Marketplace forum, which is accessible only to qualified members and subject to additional rules; see the Marketplace Rules for details. Members not eligible for the Marketplace forum may not start threads elsewhere for such purposes.

from http://guides.macrumors.com/Help:Forum_Rules#Minor_Problems

Eligibility.

To use the Marketplace forum (read threads, start threads, or post replies), you must be a forum member with user title 6502 or above, which means that you have 250 or more posts as displayed in your User Profile. This gives other members a chance to become familiar with you. To see your User Profile, click Quick Links -> My Profile at the top of a forum page. You must also have been a member for at least 180 days.

from http://guides.macrumors.com/Help:Marketplace_Rules#General_Rules

3. piggy123 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply - Some pretty lame rules they have there, I completely understand for people selling or buying but having to have 250 posts and registered for 180 days is a bit much for some advice on where I can sell my Mac! I have looked on eBay and I can't find any recent machines of similar spec, people only seem to be selling older ones, and there are no refurbished ones on the apple store and mac2sell says my mac is work £1000! I hope it hasn't dropped £3 grand on it's price already :eek:

4. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

I get 2080 GBP for your model.
    But I could only enter 9999MB RAM, as they don't allow more in the entry field.
    So maybe you can get 2200 GBP or more.

5. piggy123 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well I think I am going to try and sell it for £4000 regardless, it was £4800 2 months ago, and it's in mint condition so £2200 seems crazy. But thanks for your help :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.